February 4th, 2019, 23:09 Posted By: wraggster
zBoy v0.70 is released. zBoy is a multiplatform GameBoy emulator that provides a load/save feature, can perform PCX screenshots either manually or automatically (every few seconds) and emulates an internal battery for ROMs that were designed to use one (this allows to use the internal save option provided by such games, remember highest scores, etc).
zBoy supports some additionnal features, too, like intelligent saving of hi-scores for some games that aren't able to save their hi-scores table by themselves because of the lack of a battery-backed RAM on the cartridge, and improving screen's resolution output using graphic algorithms like Scale2x, Scale3x, eagle... Here you can see a comparison between graphic algorithms supported by zBoy. This is also one of the very few GameBoy emulators that provides a 2-gameboys link emulation, which makes it possible to play some games in 2-players mode on a LAN.
zBoy allows to play GameBoy games using a keyboard or a joypad (or both). The emulator is available for Linux, DOS and Windows (but should compile for other systems without much headache as well).
zBoy v0.70 Changelog:
- Sound support (can be disabled with --nosound),
- Added ZIP support (zBoy detects ZIP archives, tries to load the first file inside),
- Adapted code so it compiles fine with -Werror=format-security (thanks to Andrea Musuruane for suggesting that),
- Implemented hi-scores retention for Crystal Quest, Flipul, SolarStriker, Tail Gator and Quarth,
- Added colorization support for Crystal Quest, Bomb Jack, Sensible Soccer and Prince of Persia,
- Fixed joystick support,
- Fixed the '--noshowfps' command-line parameter,
- Fixed window computation when WINY is less than 7 (fixed scrolling text on intros in Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and Swamp Thing),
- Added emulation of incomplete ROM address decoding (fixed several games: WordZap, Blaster Master, Pac-Man special color edition, Turok, Quarth, Zen Intergalactic Ninja),
- Complete redesign of the Netplay support, compatibility is significantly higher now: works with Tetris Attack, Tetris Blast, F-1 Race and many others,
- Netplay link peering autodetection on LAN ('--netplay auto' or F12 during gameplay).
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here