mGBA v0.8.2 is released. mGBA is a new emulator for running Game Boy Advance games. It aims to be faster and more accurate than many existing Game Boy Advance emulators, as well as adding features that other emulators lack.
- Near full Game Boy Advance hardware support.
- Fast emulation. Known to run at full speed even on low end hardware, such as netbooks.
- Qt and SDL ports for a heavy-weight and a light-weight frontend.
- Save type detection, even for flash memory size.
- Real-time clock support, even without configuration.
- A built-in BIOS implementation, and ability to load external BIOS files.
- Turbo/fast-forward support by holding Tab.
- Frameskip, configurable up to 9.
- Screenshot support.
- 9 savestate slots. Savestates are also viewable as screenshots.
- Video and GIF recording.
- Remappable controls for both keyboards and gamepads.
- Loading from ZIP files.
- IPS and UPS patch support.
- Game debugging via a command-line interface (not available with Qt port) and GDB remote support.
mGBA v0.8.2 Changelog:
- ARM: Fix timing on Thumb shift instructions
- GB: Fix GBC game registers after skipping BIOS
- GB MBC: Support 4MB MBC30 ROMs (fixes #1713)
- GB Video: Fix BGPS value after skipping BIOS (fixes #1717)
- GBA: Add missing RTC overrides for Legendz games
- GBA BIOS: Reset renderer when RegisterRamReset called (fixes #1756)
- GBA SIO: Fix Multiplayer busy bit
- GBA SIO: Fix double-unloading active driver
- GBA Timers: Fix deserializing count-up timers
- GBA Video: Fix mosaic objects drawing past the end (fixes #1702)
- GBA Video: Fix disabling OBJWIN in GL renderer (fixes #1759)
- GBA Video: Add missing parts of 256-color mode 0 mosaic (fixes #1701)
- GBA Video: Fix double-size OBJ wrapping in GL renderer (fixes #1712)
- GBA Video: Simplify sprite cycle counting (fixes #1279)
- GBA Video: Fix sprite/backdrop blending regression
- 3DS: Fix framelimiter on newer citro3d (fixes #1771)
- ARM: Fix disassembling of several S-type instructions (fixes #1778)
- ARM Debugger: Clear low bit on breakpoint addresses (fixes #1764)
- CMake: Always use devkitPro toolchain when applicable (fixes #1755)
- Core: Fix ELF loading regression (fixes #1669)
- Core: Fix crash modifying hash table entry (fixes #1673)
- GB Video: Fix some cases where SGB border doesn’t draw to multi-buffers
- GBA: Reject incorrectly sized BIOSes
- GBA: Break infinite loop for 0-frame mVLs (fixes #1723)
- Qt: Fix OpenGL 2.1 support (fixes #1678)
- Qt: Fix unmapping zipped ROM (fixes #1777)
- 3DS: Clean up legacy initialization (fixes #1768)
- GBA Serialize: Only flunk BIOS check if official BIOS was expected
- Qt: Disable Replace ROM option when no game loaded
- Qt: Defer texture updates until frame is drawn (fixes #1590)
- Qt: Set icon for Discord Rich Presence
- Qt: Show a warning when save file can’t be opened
Welcome to the DCEmu Homebrew and Gaming Network. This Network of sites is owned and ran by fans of all games consoles, we post news on all the consoles we cover about hardware aspects, gaming and Homebrew. Homebrew and Emulation are software thats made using free and legal tools to play on games consoles. This Network is the only worldwide network of sites where coders can upload and post comments they deserve for all their hardwork. We have a Network that currently supports PSVita, WiiU, Nintendo Wii, Xbox360, PS3, PS2,PS1, Snes, N64, Gameboy, Nes, Xbox, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PSP, GBA, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn,3DS, DSi, Switch, PS4, Pandora, xboxone, GP2X, iPhone, Windows Phone, iPad, Android and also Mobile Phone Emulation. When new consoles appear we will expand to cover those consoles. We also cover Theme Park News and news and reviews of Beer, cider, lager, wines and spirits.
news of their own releases and get the credit and
Please help DCEmu become stronger by posting on the forums every day and make our community larger.