What's new in v0.2.2:
* The project has a new name: "Explosion of an Aeroplane".
* Incorporated the dswifilib bugfixes (DSLite related) done on 11-Jan-2007.
* When the current special weapon runs out of ammo, the next one with ammo is automatically selected.
* Added third flight model: OUTER SPACE.
* It's possible to select the base color for the plane in the plane selection screen.
* Redrew the missile sprite, and flying missiles now emit smoke particles. The missile sprites are also rotated correctly.
* When out of gas, the turbo boost works as the normal acceleration.
* Added a template banner (icon) to the ROM, though it seems that M3 cannot show it. DS-X shows it correclty.
* Added support for delayed particle spawns (very easy to create a lot of particles that appear later).
* Added heat seeking missiles.
* It's possible to destroy the AI turrets with missiles and bombs.
* If you press L+R in less than 0.5s after your plane has started to explode, it fires some (50% chance per bullet) of
the remaining special weapon bullets into random directions.
* Made the zooming zoom more away from the playfield.
* The bombs get the plane's initial Y speed.
* Added enemy missile launchers.
* If you press the name of the level in the PLAY menu screen, the level will be reset.
* It's possible to zoom out and in into the plane in PLANE SELECTION menu screen using X and B, and corrected the Z-scaling.
* The plane selection and the plane colors are saved in SRAM.
* After respawning the plane is invulnerable during the first frame of the new life as well.
* Changing layers uses only 50% of a gas tank, not 100%.
* The level is reset when a multiplayer match begins.
I'm off to Egypt with Markus, to scuba dive once again!
Anyway, in the next release
we'll try to do the following things:
* Add support for 1024x1024 4 color levels with one layer
* Double the level graphics via zooming
* Instead of gas the layer change could consume batteries
* Synchronize the play options so that all clients use the same settings
* The player should get minus points for killing himself
* Add a map screen
... and more levels, airports, etc?