February 20th, 2010, 23:44 Posted By: wraggster
Ant512 has released a new version of Woopsi for the DS:
Version 0.45 is now available:
This version includes TrueType font support via wrappers around the open-source FreeType library. Coupled with the unicode support added in the last release, this means that it is now possible to develop GUIs with characters outside of the standard ASCII set. Many thank to Lakedaemon for his work with both unicode and FreeType.
Instructions for installing the bundled FreeType library are included in the "Installation.txt" file in the source archive.
The release includes a number of API improvements. Wiring up the keyboard gadget to a textbox is now very simple. In fact, double-clicking a textbox now automatically shuffles the touchscreen display into the top display and opens a keyboard on the touchscreen. Closing it shuffles everything back to how it was.
The various click(), release(), etc, methods that needed to be overridden when creating new UI gadgets have been replaced with simpler alternatives, called onClick(), onRelease(), and so on. The shift-click system (in which the shoulder buttons work as modifier keys to enable right-click style functionality and a context-sensitive menu) has been greatly simplified.
The drawing API has similarly been simplified, and all drawing - whether done to a bitmap or a gadget - can now take advantage of the clipping system.
There are more improvements, bugfixes, tests and examples, which are detailed in the changelog below.
- Fixed error when subclassing MultiLineTextBox.
- Fixed keyboard secondary repeat timer - now uses correct time.
- Delete key deletes character in front of cursor in MultiLineTextBox, not character at end of text.
- Moved raiseScrollEvent() out of ScrollingPanel and into GadgetEventHandlerList.
- Removed parameters from GadgetEventHandlerList::raiseActionEvent().
- Renamed Gadget::setDragging() to Gadget::startDragging().
- Decorations cannot receive focus.
- Increased accuracy of slider calculations from 8-bit fractions to 16-bit fractions.
- Requester resize implemented.
- Alert resize implemented.
- FileRequester resize implemented.
- Made various Gadget method non-virtual to prevent overriding.
- Gadget::resize() limits to parent dimensions correctly.
- Window drags correctly if it belongs to a gadget other than the screen.
- MultiLineTextBox resizing works correctly.
- Moved skins and bitmaploader examples and the bonus folder to a new
"extras" top-level repository. They will no longer be included in the main distro.
- Moved documentation folder into new extras directory.
- Fixed FileListBox resizing and initial child gadget dimensions.
- Removed Gadget::clear().
- Removed Gadget::clear(clipRect).
- Removed Gadget::newInternalGraphicsPort(isForeground).
- GraphicsPort no longer tries to delete null pointer if clipRect is not initialised.
- Replaced Gadget::draw(rect) with Gadget::drawContents(port) and Gadget::drawBorder(port).
- Fixed WoopsiString::remove(start, length).
- Removed AmigaWindow::getBorderSize().
- Removed Screen::getBorderSize().
- Removed TextBox::getBorderSize().
- Made Gadget::getClientRect() non-virtual.
- Gadget::getClientRect() uses new GadgetBorderSize struct to calculate size of client rect.
- Removed Screen::getTitleHeight().
- Removed AmigaWindow::getTitleHeight().
- AnimButton, BitmapButton, CycleButton, ContextMenu, ListBox, RadioButtonGroup, Label and Calendar use new GadgetBorderSize struct to calculate preferred dimensions.
- Removed Gadget::getBackgroundRegions().
- Removed redundant style initialisation from Woopsi class.
- Swapped Gadget::_style from pointer instantiation to standard instantiation.
- Removed Woopsi::closeChild(), shelveChild(), release(), drag(), click(), shiftClick() and shelve().
- Made Gadget::closeChild(), shelveChild(), release(), drag(), click() and shiftClick() non-virtual.
- Renamed Woopsi::click() to handleClick().
- Renamed Woopsi::shiftClick() to handleShiftClick().
- Tidied up Gadget::shelve() and Gadget::shelveChild().
- Refactored various methods in Gadget class to use guards instead of nested if statements.
- Gadget::closeChild() and Gadget::shelveChild() no longer cause focus to jump around if the child does not have focus.
- Gadget::click(), Gadget::shiftClick() and Gadget::doubleClick() only respond to clicks that occur within portions of themselves that are not obscured by gadgets higher in the hierarchy than their children (prevents
context menus bleeding through from a lower screen/window to a higher screen/window).
- Refactored Woopsi::handleKeys() into handleKeys() and handleKey().
- Removed _padding variable from Label, Requester, FileRequester, Alert and MultiLineTextBox classes; switched to using border sizes instead.
- Tidied up CycleButton, BitmapButton, AnimButton, Button and TextBox drawing methods.
- WoopsiKeyboard no longer inherits from AmigaWindow for greater flexibility.
- Added two blank screens to Woopsi gadget to ensure that background always draws correctly.
- Increased scrollbar width in ScrollingTextBox and ScrollingListBox.
- Increased minimum size of slider grips.
- Removed GraphicsPort::clear().
- GraphicsPort does not query Gadget for its x/y co-ordinates.
- GraphicsPort does not query Gadget for its enabled/disabled state.
- Removed GraphicsPort::drawBevelledRect() method that relied on gadget state.
- Removed Gadget::OutlineType enum and related usage.
- Removed drawing from Woopsi::eraseRect() - new background screens make it unnecessary.
- Removed drawing from Woopsi entirely for same reason.
- Deleted GraphicsUnclipped class.
- GraphicsPort is a wrapper around a Graphics object instead of a subclass.
- GraphicsPort drawing commands all accept values which are relative to itself.
- GraphicsPort::getClipRect() returns a rect relative to the GraphicsPort.
- Screen:nDrag() uses woopsiApplication's GraphicsPort instead of its own.
- MultiLineTextBox rendering problems when padding (now bordersize) greater than 2 fixed.
- MultiLineTextBox top vertical alignment works correctly.
- Added goToParent() and goToRoot() to FilePath class.
- Added FreeType support.
- Added FreeType to template makefile.
- Added keyboard_textbox example.
- TextBox inherits from KeyboardEventHandler, so it can be connected directly to a keyboard object without the need for an intermediary.
- Added fire example.
- MultiLineTextBox inherits from KeyboardEventHandler, so it can be connected directly to a keyboard object without the need for an intermediary.
- Added TextBox::removeText() methods.
- GadgetEventHandlerList::raiseScrollEvent() receives distance scrolled as parameters.
- Added stub methods to remove the need to override critical Woopsi methods:
- Swapped to using stub overrides in all gadgets.
- Added ListBox::isDoubleClick().
- Removed setDragging() from Gadget::click(); should be called by onClick() in subclasses if required.
- Added canReceiveFocus flag to Gadget::Flags struct.
- Added canReceiveFocus() method to Gadget class.
- Split Gadget::release() into release() and stopDragging() methods.
- Added AmigaWindow::resizeTitleBarToFit().
- Added Gadget::getGlyphFont() and Gadget::setGlyphFont().
- Added AmigaWindow::redrawBorder().
- Expanded ScrollingTextBox functionality to match MultiLineTextBox.
- Removed shiftClickChildren concept from Gadget class; shift clicks are only captured by a gadget if it defines any context menu items, so clicks automatically get directed to the most relevant gadget.
- Added alert test.
- Added requester test.
- Added filerequester test.
- Added freetype example.
- Added GadgetBorderSize struct to contain sizes of the four borders around a gadget.
- Added Gadget::checkCollisionWithForegroundRects().
- Added XOR drawing routines that accept a colour to XOR against.
- Added WoopsiKeyboardScreen.
- Double-clicking a textbox gadget causes the WoopsiKeyboardScreen to pop into the bottom display.
- TextBox only draws cursor when it has focus.
- TextBox redraws when it loses focus.
- Added Gadget::setBorderSize().
- Added WoopsiKey::setStuckDown() to control border type.
- Added CalendarDayButton gadget.
- Graphics class implements clipping and no longer inherits from GraphicsUnclipped.
- Added cliprect to the bitmapdrawing demo.
- Graphics class includes scroll() and drawBevelledRect() methods.
- Graphics::floodFill() is clipped.
Download and Give Feedback via comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here