Posted By: wraggster
Ant512 has posted a new version of his windowing system for the DS.
Heres whats new:
Don't worry about the layout, etc, it's all for testing purposes at the moment. The list of changes since the last demo is pretty large...
- Tidied up a lot of the code.
- Gadget deletion queue now handled solely in the VBL events.
- Optimised TextWriter by preventing it from drawing empty glyphs.
- Changed TextWriter into a static class.
- Optimised TextViewer so that it uses much less memory.
- Text font and glyph font now sent around hierarchy instead of each gadget creating their own font.
- Improved Font class.
- Removed 8-bit code from Bitmap class.
- General refactoring and code tidying.
- Made EventHandler methods virtual instead of pure virtual.
- Split gadget events into "raiseXEvent()" and "x()" functions.
- Clicking a gadget automatically notifies its parent that it is the new clicked gadget.
- Moved dirty child redraw function into gadget class.
- Added horizontal clipping to rect splitting functions.
- Fixed SuperBitmap border.
- Relevant gadget methods are now virtual for subclassing.
- Removed all unnecessary all_gfx includes.
- New features:
- Added non-draggable screens and windows.
- Added show/hide gadget functionality.
- Added ability to hide a window instead of closing it when the close button is clicked.
- Added closed/hidden/shown events.
- Added monochrome output to Font class and definable text colour.
- Added drawText() function to SuperBitmap class.
- Added window depth button.
- Added enable/disable gadget.
- Started work on alert requester.
- Moved text data manipulation out of TextViewer into a separate class.
- Added Gadget::moveTo method.
- Added Gadget::resize method.
- Added resize event.
- Added move event.
- Added value change event.
- Added window resizing (API only).
- Added radio buttons.
- Added radio button groups.
- Added "clicked" glyphs for screen and window depth buttons.
- Most gadget action methods (click(), moveTo(), etc) return bools to indicate success or failure.
- Added enabled/disabled events.
- Added checkboxes.
- Added NDS screen flipping and support for top NDS screen.
- Added screen flipping gadget.
- Updated screens to swap to front when clicked.
- Added a variety of gadget depth manipulation functions.
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments