December 24th, 2007, 17:55 Posted By: nuvalo
Here i have a new port for wii/gamecube using gc-linux. This time, i compiled the wolfestein3D port made by the icculus team, that you can see on this page:
I used the last svn sources, not the 2001 package posted on that page. I also included the sources used on this release, so if anyone want to colaborate, can take a look to the source. The game works nearly perfect, but i didnt played to the end. The bad new is that the sound core is platform dependant, so it does not work on a powerpc and needs a little rework.
Here is the README:
// Wolfenstein 3D for Wii/GameCube
This project is based on the Wolfenstein 3D opensource port
made by the icculus team.You can find the original
sources on their page:
This version uses the same sources than the original,
there are only some changes on the button mapping,
in order to use with the gamecube gamepad. It uses
gc-linux to run on a gamecube/wii, and the SDL libraries
for this system. It will boot using the ARAM filesystem
The sources used for this port are in the "src" directory.
Here are included the shareware files from the original
wolfenstein 3D game.
You can find the latest version of this project on its
official forum here:
What you need:
- A console ready to run homebrew
- Copy the files wolf3D.dol, aramfs.bz2 and the directory
"wolf3d" to the root of yout SDCard.
- Put the SDCard on it SDCard adapter, and put it on the wii/Gamecube
- Launch the file "wolf3d.dol", using your favourite method of
Here is the button relation between the gc-pad and the keyboard:
[b]: ctrl (Open doors)
[A]: space (Shot)
[Analog/digital pad]: Arrows
- The sound does not work, due to Big/little endian problems.
- To save correctly the game, you have to exit, using the "Quit" option
in the main menu
- The gc-linux team for their effort in porting linux to the gamecube
- The icculus team, for their great wolfenstein 3D port
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 1 comments - Join In and Discuss Here