Posted By: wraggster
News via Nintendomax:
A new beta version of WiiLinux has just been released.
This version has a graphical interface, supports the wiimote (to replace the mouse) also provides a virtual keyboard (for those without USB keyboard) and some applications.
1) Partition your SD card like this: http://www.gc-linux.org
2) Install the "kernel whiite" as stated here: http://www.gc-linux.org
3) Install "miight filesystem" as here: http://www.gc-linux.org
but using this filesytem this: http://hbcapps.com/miight-full_beta1.tar.gz
4) Remove all connections and other USB storage devices, they can be reconnected once the boot made.
5) Start the Wii and select White. Once the GUI requesting your login, expect the automatic (auto). The X shape is good ..
6) Use a USB keyboard and mouse or the Wiimote (press A to synchronize).
7) Do right click (or B for the wiimote) to open the list of applications available.
Select an application and it rolls baby!
9) If you do not have a USB keyboard, run xvkbd from the menu. Beware the virtual keyboard takes half of the screen.
I'm sorry, but I did not mean for this to be released. Trust me, it will be released soon, but there is still a lot of polish I haven't applied. I don't care who leaked it, I'll just take it off my server since it does not appear to have been uploaded elsewhere. However, if someone else uploads it, consider this project CANCELLED to the public. In this case, the full version will not be released, and only given to people I trust. I'm sorry it had to come to this, I didn't make it clear enough in the IRC channel that it was supposed to be a private beta. Sorry for any embarassment this may have caused, and I sincerly hope I do not have to cancel this, as I have had fun.
This post has been edited by Muzer: Yesterday, 08:45 PM