Posted By: Shrygue
via Games Industry
Stock supply for Wii Fit looks unlikely to be able to meet demand if online pre-order pages are anything to go by, with five of the top UK retailers halting further orders.
This follows earlier predictions from Wedbush Morgan's Michael Pachter that Nintendo could prompt a new demand boom with the title in the US.
- According to videogaming247.com the five sites are displaying the following messages:
- Play.com: "We are currently sold out on this item. All orders will be dispatched as soon as possible.
- Amazon.co.uk: "Availability: Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available."
- Game.co.uk: "Please note: Due to massive demand we cannot take any further pre-orders on Wii Fit at the present time."
- Shopto.net: "Pre-order temporarily stopped."
- Zavvi.co.uk: "Sorry, Wii fit is temporarily out of stock, please check again soon."
"We believe that Nintendo of America intends to support the Wii Fit launch with the biggest marketing campaign in its history, and believe that the increased buzz will drive increased demand for the already difficult to find Wii hardware."
Nintendo UK was unavailable for comment at the time of writing.