Posted By: wraggster
mollusk has released his entry for the Neoflash Coding Comp:
War of the Weeds is an ambitious game in which you guide your weeds through a series of challenges to defend your village. Well, that's the theory ^^ It isn't 100% finished, so actually the correct story mode is pretty much not included, and so you could just see it as a Game compilation...
The whole code is by Mollusk, and the graphs are by Daydream.
Includes 3 games modes : 1 vs CPU, 1 vs 1, or solo play.
2 player games :
- Atax, which is... an attax clone... You can duplicate your weed by moving by 1 spot, or jump 2 spots. When touching enemy weeds, you convert them. The goal is simple : having more weeds than the opponent in the end...
- Reversi, is, like you would have guessed, a reversi game... Same sort of board game as atax, you need to convert as many weeds to your cause as possible...
- Blocker is a more original game : move around your weed like a chess knight, and plot a rock to avoid opponent movements. Block the opponent to win.
1 vs 1 also features a WIP : Weedshot, which would be (roughly) a worms-like game. It wasn't supposed to be in there, but I left it as a WIP for what will come soon in the next versions
Solo games :
- Hexaweeds : Your weed converts enemy weeds to form a bigger group. You can change your group's color to blend into other groups, getting bigger and bigger... Conquer the whole screen in less than the given number of moves to win
- Pop : you have a 11x11 grid of blocks. Pop groups of 2 or more to remove them. Clearing a whole column will make new blocks enter. Get more points than the difficulty level asks for and you win
- Water : the water source is located at the center of the screen. Turn the pipes around to water all the weeds. Higher difficulty gives much bigger levels.
- Picross : pretty explicit... Picross on DS ! Yay. Ok, it does have a major flaw : I used levels found on gamefaqs from nintendo picross games for testing purpose and didn't get enough time to add my own levels instead . The level won't change until you get the whole grid right
- Fill : simple but pretty addicitive game : move your weed by 3 spots vertically/horizontally, or 2 in diagonal, and try to fill the whole screen. Sounds simple, but is very challenging
Ok, time for the download link !. I hope you'll enjoy this game, I know it's far from perfect but I do plan on working much more on it
Have fun !
Screenshot/Download and Give Feedback Via Comments