Posted By: wraggster
News via nmax
Studio disjointed , our winner of the Dev Nintendomax DS Competition 2010 , we moved to version 1.01 " Waimanu DS "adventure game / puzzle game for the Nintendo DS.
Ok people, it's time to update!
Sverx has spent some time with the code of Waimanu DS lately, fixing little things that weren't 100% right in the previous release. Here's the list of changes :
- Bonus now appear behind breaking blocks while they're still falling to pieces, so you can spot them early
- A sound effect has been added (it was forgotten!) to notify when bonus pickup happens
- Waimanu lives counter now correctly shows how many lives are available, even when they're more than 5
- A little bug in the 6th level of the 4th area has been spotted and fixed
- Removed some screen gitches while loading new levels
- Added a blue "1st place" ribbon on splash screen, since we're NintendoMax 2010 DS Dev Competition winners =)
So, what are you waiting for...? Just go to the download section (right side of this blog) and get the new version ! Oh and ...don't worry, your hiscores will be retained
sidenote: according to some boards we've read around, Waimanu DS can be run direcly from the Nintendo DSi SD card, using the so called 'SudokuHax exploit'. Please leave a comment here if this proves to be true, thanks!