December 24th, 2017, 12:14 Posted By: wraggster
For Nintendo 3DS/2DS owners who have homebrew capabilities, heres a great release of a new NES Emulator for the console, heres the release notes:
VirtuaNES for 3DS v1.01 is released. This is a port of VirtuaNES to 3DS as an alternative to existing NES emulators. It used to be considered one of the best emulators before FCE and Nestopia, and it runs quite fast for lower spec-ed computers (at the cost of some emulation accuracy). But because of that, the Old 3DS / 2DS is able to benefit from this fast running emulator core. This runs full speed on an old 3DS / 2DS with support for tonnes of mappers. Although it doesn't support every single mapper, the library of games that can run on this are probably fairly huge already.
VirtuaNES for 3DS Changelog:
- Fixed cheats (previously cheats couldn't be activated whatever you did)
- Fixed mapper problem in Kabuki Quantum Fighter
- Added key mappings to fast forward (capped at 180 FPS), and open the emulator menu.
- Updated configuration menu
- Added feature to auto-save state
- Migrated and fixed some mappers from VirtuaNESEx (thanks to the authors of VirtualNESEx)
- The following mappers are fixed/added: 4, 7, 16, 23, 34, 47, 49, 52, 65, 69, 71, 73, 74, 86, 91, 92, 121, 132, 141, 148, 150, 162, 163, 166, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177, 178, 179, 189, 190, 194, 198, 199, 212, 235, 237, 240, 241, 252
- Fixed VS mapper for Super Mario Bros
- Added ability to map any 3DS key to insert coin for VS games
- Fixed Lagrange Point VRC7 emulation for the Old 3DS by playing at 20KHz. The old 3DS was too slow to render sounds at 32KHz or even at 22KHz.
- Minor optimizations for sound generation.
- A number of games are fixed due to the mapper updates. Examples are: Crisis Force (Japan), Feng Yun (Ch), San Guo Zhi (Ch), and many others.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here