January 4th, 2015, 23:27 Posted By: wraggster
Marat Fayzullin has released new version of its GameBoy emulator VGB-Windows.
I have just released VGB 4.5 for Windows and Linux. To give you all something to do for the holidays, VGB-Windows is now free for everyone to use and share. The new release adds dozens of new features and fixes accumulated since VGB 3.5 has been published several years ago. VGB 4.5 emulates GameBoy Light, GameShark, the tilt sensor, MBC7, TAMA05, and MMM01 memory mappers. There have been major fixes to GameBoy CPU and LCD controller emulation. The noise sound channel is much closer to the original in this version. I have also added support for translation patches (.IPS), custom palettes (.PAL), Instant Replay (F, and a semi-automatic Cheat Hunter tool (F5) to search for new cheat codes. See the complete change list below.
- Added GameBoy Light emulation.
- Added TAMA5 mapper emulation (Tamagotchi 3).
- Added MMM01 mapper emulation (Taito Variety Pack and Momotaro Collection 2).
- Added MBC7 mapper emulation (Kirby´s Tilt´n´Tumble).
- Added optional DI+HALT CPU bug emulation.
- Added proper noise channel emulation.
- Added 93cXX serial EEPROM emulation.
- Added tilt sensor emulation.
- Added support for .IPS files. For "mygame.gb", use "mygame.ips".
- Added support for .PAL files. For "mygame.gb", use "mygame.pal".
- Added "instant replay" feature letting you go back in time ([F8]).
- Added tool that lets you hunt for new GameShark cheats ([F5]).
- Added "vertical scanlines" emulation, as found in old LCDs.
- Added "raster effect" emulation, as found in newer LCDs.
- No longer compressing .SAV files, to avoid confusing the users.
- Made LYC IRQ happen instantly when LYC set to the current scanline.
- Made LCD controller reset scanline when it is reenabled.
- Now enabling LCD controller on startup (Aerostar, Alfred Chicken, etc).
- Now disabling IRQs on startup (Robocop 2, Shadowgate, etc).
- Now checking IRQs when ISWITCH/IFLAGS modified (Final Fantasy Legend).
- Now "ticking" RTC while not playing (time progress in Pokemon, etc).
- Now clearing scratch RAM after reset.
- Now locking out opposite arrow keys.
- Now resetting DIVREG on writes.
- Fixed IRQ priorities, with VBlank IRQ getting top priority.
- Fixed sprites-over-window display to avoid hiding sprites.
- Fixed corrupted Super GameBoy backdrop on startup.
- Fixed saving and restoring sound chip state.
- Fixed saving and restoring SGB colors.
- Fixed "JR offset" and "JR Z,offset" instruction timings.
- Fixed exit from HALT instruction.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here