May 5th, 2018, 11:10 Posted By: wraggster
Heres an awesome release for the Nintendo DSI:
Yesterday, was a crazy day for 'Nintendo' with all the ongoing Switch drama and releases, but yesterday also saw another 'coldboot exploit' released, this time by famous GBA emulator author no$cash which is designed for installation our now classic retro DSi handhelds, and you can now check out today's updated version attached below with improvements from yesterday's first release:
Version v0.6: added write-protect flag to the .tmd file (avoiding Data Management to delete it).
CAUTION: This is still in mostly untested beta stage.
- It's gaining control with full SCFG_EXT access rights immediately after power-up (before even starting the launcher).
- Installation requires a working DSiware exploit with SD/MMC access, or a hardmod.
- The exploit works with all retail DSi models, regardless of region and firmware version.
- Once when installed, it will start the file 'bootcode.dsi' from SD card (if present).
- Or, otherwise, it will resume booting nintendo's launcher (with disturbing healthsafety and bootmusic disabled, and removed RSA, whitelist and region checks).
Currently, this should be used only if you have an eMMC backup & an installed hardmod - so you can unbrick if something goes wrong. Further how-to-use info is shown in the .dsi file's installer menu.
Note: The background GIF's are showing Herzogin Cecilie. I've also considered Principessa Jolanda for actual launch failures, and the Skyluck for intentionally grounded vessels. But then, the photo with the half sunken ship's figurehead nearly kissing the waves is so strong that I've chosen that one.
OFFICIAL SITE: --> https://problemkaputt.de/gba.htm
FORUM SUPPORT THREAD: --> http://4dsdev.kuribo64.net/thread.php?id=171
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here