Posted By: wraggster
lets hope nintendo leave the twilight hack alone:
A new Wii System Update has been reported, the trucha exploit reportedly is fixed by this(needs confirmation).
As of March 22nd, no software uses IOS37 -- the System Menu currently uses IOS30. An updated System Menu will likely use the new IOS37.
What does this mean?
* Until the system menu is updated to use IOS37, it will have no effect.
* Once the system menu is updated to use IOS37, "Trucha-Signed" discs -- or channels -- will stop working, as will the Freeloader disc.
* At that point, "homebrew channels" would be considered "invalid" by the system. The consequences of this are unclear, but that could potentially prevent the Wii from booting.
* Other versions of IOS are not affected.
* The Twilight Hack is unaffected.