March 5th, 2018, 22:22 Posted By: wraggster
Nintendo took the WiiU gave it more power and expanded on the portabality idea and created an awesome console, heres the highlights of the 1st year:
Let’s take a moment to review some of the highlights from Nintendo Switch’s first year:
In addition to the above games, a wide variety of other first- and third-party games launched for Nintendo Switch in its first year. This includes games from publishers like EA, Capcom, Psyonix, Take-Two Interactive, Ubisoft and Bethesda, to popular “Nindies” content, indie games on Nintendo Switch made by independent publishers, including Stardew Valley from Chucklefish LTD, Overcooked: Special Edition from Team 17 and Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove from Yacht Club Games. And best of all: Every single game released on Nintendo Switch can be played at home or on the go!
- March 2017 – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild launched alongside Nintendo Switch on March 3, with the adventure continuing later in the year with the release of two DLC packs, Trial of the Sword and the Champions Ballad. The game went on to receive a score of 97 on Metacritic, as well as numerous Game of the Year awards.
- April 2017 –Mario Kart 8 Deluxe gave fans the ability to bring the game with them everywhere to play with friends and family for the ultimate kart-racing bragging rights.
- June 2017 – To kick off the summer, Nintendo released ARMS, a unique fighting game starring an eclectic roster of characters overflowing with personality. With fast-paced single- and multiplayer modes, fans could face each other in battles anytime, anywhere.
- July 2017 – Splatoon 2 inked its way onto the system with new modes, characters, weapons and ways to splat their friends in local and online multiplayer modes. Since launch, a continuous rollout of free new content has released for the game, making it more fun than ever to splat friends and family on the go or at home.
- August 2017 – One of the biggest third-party games of the year was Ubisoft’s Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. The strategic adventure-RPG combined the wacky world of the Rabbids with the iconic Super Mario franchise, resulting in an epic quest for all ages.
- October 2017 – Super Mario Odyssey launched in October, earning a score of 97 on Metacritic. In this massive sandbox-style game, Mario uses fun new hat-based abilities like cap throw, cap jump and capture with his new partner Cappy. These new abilities define his new adventure and provide a fresh take on the classic Super Mario formula. A fun new online competitive mode called Luigi’s Balloon World was recently added through a free update.
- December 2017 – As a thrilling close to 2017, Nintendo launched a sequel to the original Xenoblade Chronicles RPG series, Xenoblade Chronicles 2. This sprawling game offers players a deep battle system to master, giant worlds to explore and an endearing cast of characters to meet.
Looking ahead to the second year, many fun new things are in store. From hot new games with classic characters like Kirby Star Allies, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Mario Tennis Aces to third-party games like Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and DARK SOULS: REMASTERED and Nintendo Labo, a series of DIY kits crafted to work with the Nintendo Switch, fans are sure to have new experiences that will put smiles on their faces that they can take with them anywhere to play with anyone!
what an awesome first year
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here