This is a try to port the famous board game Taboo ( spanish version) to a computerized environment, enhancing the number of teams and using the NDS as board, buzzer and card reader, you still have to be honest with what button you press, but you can take Taboo to wherever you want!
There are a few things to do with this release:
- It uses spanish rules, so gameplay may be diferent than thhe one you are used to (instructions are available to download in both english and spanish at the bottom)
- It has only 164 cards and they are in spanish, time issues didn't allow me to translate them. (thanks to Marta for writting the cards).
- It isn't DLDI, so it comes in former *.sc.ds, *ds.gba and *.nds. There are problems with images and DSLua 00.7 (which supports DLDI).
- It is possible to add new cards to the game, but sorce is needed. I'll release a propper pack with some nice batch file after the compo so it will be easier to change the cards, and also change the default language/add languages.
- Using the Stylus is recommended to avoid un wanted touchpad response.
- Spanish, English and Catalan languages available (default english).
My plans are to make it work with DSLua 0.7 or try porting it to paLib so it can be DLDI compatible (which makes the language/cards thing a lot easier).