December 17th, 2018, 18:08 Posted By: wraggster
After a successful SX OS launch earlier this week (to support firmware v6.2) many of our users were asking where the SX Installer was that was teased in our new 'Features Showcase' video that was also released.
With great excitement we present to you SX Installer v1.0 – Now Available for download at: –> sx.xecuter.com
This full featured app takes care of installs and so much more! In fact, an overview manual is now being prepared along with screenshots and detailed information on how you can better utilize all of the features we have packed into it.
This manual will be available on our SX Portal page when it is completed, in the meantime we have opened up a dedicated 'support forum' for the app, and have decided to release it now, to get it in the hands of our loyal SX OS users so you can right away start enjoying the many functions and features it has to offer.
Basically, at its core SX Installer is an advanced NSP Installer, that allows you to simply list, view, in one easy step, automatically install all your NSPs, along with the matching Game Updates, and DLC Packages, and these can be search and grabbed from many locations, including: FTP, HTTP, NUT Server (separate app on your PC), SD, USB HDD and NAND.
But that is not all it can do, as you can see from the quick overview below of the main functions. SX Installer has the ability to directly launch XCI games, and even launch your Classic Retro 'Game ROMs' for various different emulators installed, and of course your favorite homebrew apps. It even has a built-in file browser!
PLEASE NOTE: (currently .xci launching is only supported in firmware 5.x or below – 6.x support is on it's way!)
To get started, unpack the downloaded sxinstaller.zip and move all of the contents to the root of your SD card. The "sx.nro" file should be stored in /switch/sx/
Below is just a quick overview of the main functions of our SX Installer App:
That's it for now! Have fun diving into all the cool features this app has to offer. Keep your eyes peeled for the full manual. It will be posted as soon as it's ready!
- Ability to show titles in table view, or icon cover view.
- Install NSP's from FTP, HTTP, NUT, SD, USB HDD, and NAND.
- Ignores firmware requirement when installing.
- Ability to queue multiple title installs.
- Ability to search titles.
- Ability to list and delete tickets.
- Ability to export all title keys installed on the system.
- Ability to overclock to install faster in some situations.
- UI Translation into 12 languages.
- Title meta-data translation into 12 languages.
- Downloads and displays game artwork (internet connection required).
- Ability to list, view, and delete application records (lets you uncleanly forcibly uninstall a DLC or update)
- Ability to list installed titles, and launch them (launching is 5.x and below only)
- Ability to list XCI's mount them, and auto-launch (launching is 5.x and below only)
- Ability to list and install new games available, with the option to install all new games
- Ability to automatically install the latest patch and all DLC with a game.
- Ability to protect users from running malicious unsigned code accidentally by blocking all unsigned code installation unless explicitly enabled.
- Ability to list and install newer updates available for your game(s), with the option to install all updates
- Ability to list and install newer DLC available for your game(s), with the option to install all DLC
- Ability to list all incomplete installs (like when the SD gets corrupted, or you swap SD cards without copying data), with option to reinstall all of them.
- Ability to list and launch NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBA, SMS, SG, SCD, GG, and SG1000 RetroArch games.
- List and launch Homebrew apps
- File browser that lets you explore your file systems, delete files (SD only), and copy files (only SD is writable)
–< Team-Xecuter – Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond! >–
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here