May 5th, 2018, 10:43 Posted By: wraggster
Another awesome release for Nintendo Switch:
@DarkXPSX informs us via twitter earlier today, that TegraRcmSmash has now been released for usage on Windows boxes by scene developer @rajkosto, allowing you to launch Fusée Gelée from Windows, so no more need for using Linux boxes to launch the payloads for Switch'es in recovery mode!
- Get your Switch into RCM mode and plug it into your Windows PC. It should show up somewhere (like Device manager) as "APX"
- Download and run Zadig driver installer from https://zadig.akeo.ie/
- From the device list, choose APX (if it's not showing up in the list, go to Options menu and check List All Devices)
- For the driver type, cycle the arrows until you see libusbK (v126.96.36.199) in the text box (IMPORTANT!)
- Click the big Install Driver button. Device manager should now show "APX" under libusbK USB Devices tree item.
- TegraRcmSmash.exe [-V 0x0955] [-P 0x7321] [--relocator=intermezzo.bin] [-w] inputFilename.bin ([PARAM:VALUE]|[0xADDR:filename])*
- If your Switch is ready and waiting in RCM mode, you can also just drag and drop the payload right onto TegraRcmSmash.exe
- An example cmdline for launching linux using coreboot is something like this (the empty relocator is important): TegraRcmSmash.exe -w --relocator= "coreboot/cbfs.bin" "CBFS:coreboot/coreboot.rom"
- After that, you can use imx_load as you would on Linux (Windows binaries available at https://github.com/rajkosto/imx_usb_loader/releases)
- Alternatively, setup your u-boot cmdline to just load everything from microSD to not bother with imx_load
- Download the binary package for libUSBK from https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusbk/ (by pressing the big green Download button)
- Run the installer exe and make note of where it installed to (default is C:\libusbK-dev-kit)
- Open your Advanced system settings and set the environment variable LIBUSBK_DIR to the path you noted
- Open TegraRcmSmash.sln with Visual Studio 2017 and build the Release or Debug configuration!
ResponsibilityI am not responsible for anything, including dead switches, blown up PCs, loss of life, or total nuclear annihilation.
Binary releases Available at https://switchtools.sshnuke.net
OFFICIAL SITE: --> https://github.com/rajkosto/TegraRcmSmash
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here