May 7th, 2018, 20:05 Posted By: wraggster
A new day and new Switch Hacking News:
The original 'Hekate-ipl' for Switch doesn't do complete eMMC dumping, and there been few other forks that improved on this, but @CTCaer version is improving rapidly, and as such needs its own news thread to report on it and his updates, so check it out below:
Hekate - ipl / CTCaer mod v1.2 - Automatic RAW eMMC partial dumping
Fix SD card not mounting (by fixing the switch to low voltage 1.8v for these cards. Normally happening in Samsung sd cards)
Add high speed support for high voltage SD Cards
- Write errors to SD card are now fatal (as per FatFs/Diskio guidelines). You can still choose what to do though:
- Abort and try again right away from the last part (recommended)
- Continue (and potentially have a corrupt dump)
The main difference with the official hekate - ipl is support for automatic partial dumping for your Switch's eMMC. Additionally, there are some other quality of life small changes.
Detailed release notes:
- It automatically starts partial dumping (even in exFAT formatted SD Cards), based on the available free space. Supports both FAT32 and exFAT.
- If you have enough space and an exFAT formatted partition, it will automatically choose to dump the raw eMMC as one big file.
Normal dumping Procedure: If you have enough space, it will automatically dump your eMMC as one big file.
- This release lets you dump the USER partition, or the whole RAW eMMC.
- The automatic partial dump is only activated if you don't have enough space in your SD card to dump the whole eMMC.
- The partial dumping is done in 15 2GB parts.
- This way you can even use a 4GB sd card to dump the whole eMMC.
Partial dumping Procedure:
Notice 1: Users that only have a 2GB or 4GB SD card, use the hekate-ipl_ctcaer_1.2_GBparts payload.
- Run hekate-ipl_ctcaer_1.2payload
- Select "Dump RAW eMMC"
- When this is finished, press any key and Power off Switch from main menu
- Move the files from SD card to your PC to free some space
Don't move the partial.idx file!
- Unplug and re-plug USB while pressing Vol+
- Run hekate-ipl_partial_dumping again and press Dump RAW eMMC to continue
- Join the files with your favorite cmd or app
Notice 2: If you have an unfinished partial dumping and want to start anew, delete the partial.idx file first.
Warning: When dumping the eMMC, in parts, you should not power on the switch normally and boot to Switch OS before done. Otherwise your finished backup will probably corrupt, because Switch OS writes on your eMMC even if it seems you done nothing.
There are also windows and linux scripts provided, that join these 15 2GB files into one. In windows, you can then use @rajkosto biskeydump and HacDiskMount to manipulate your raw eMMC dump.
naehrwert for the original code: https://github.com/nwert/hekate
@rajkosto for his hekate - ipl commits and tools: https://github.com/rajkosto/hekate
OFFICIAL SITE: --> https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/releases/tag/v1.2
NEWS SOURCE: [RCM Payload] Hekate mod - raw full nand backup (via) GBATemp
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here