Posted By: wraggster
News via http://gbatemp.net/index.php
The Supercard team have today confirmed directly to GBAtemp.net that the development of the successor to the Supercard DSONE is now officially under way.
Their newest cart, unsurprisingly named the Supercard DSTWO, will be a mash up between the original DSONE and the hardware that was found in the iPlayer multimedia player. It will of course be DSi compatible, but will most likely not have 'i' in the title, but that is subject to change. That means you're going to have a cart on your hands that can play both Nintendo DS and Game Boy Advance games without any additional hardware. There will also be a SNES emulator, but we have not yet had the chance to see this in action.
Alongside the built in emulators, the DSTWO will also boast a revamped real-time feature system, multi language options, slow motion and a file management system.
Here's the official feature list for the Supercard DSTWO:
1. RealTime Functions: RealTime Save, RealTime Game Guide(txt,bmp,jpg) & RealTime Cheat. (More stable, more easy to use, cheat code compatible with R4 and TT now)
2. Multi Saves (Up to 4 slot), Easy to backup and restore saves.
4. Unlimited MicroSD storage space support. SDHC support. FAT or FAT32.
5. Multiple languages (English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Spanish)
6. Built-in GBA/SNES Emulator.
7. Action Slow Motion (4 levels,).
8. File Management System (Copy, Paste, Cut and Delete, long file name support).
9. eBook (BMP, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, GIF, TXT, PDF).
The major news of interest is the support of the GBA emulator that was made for the dsiplayer and the Snes emulator thats gonna be built in, does the Snes emulator run close to full speed, if it does then this could be a real major hit for the supercard team.