Sunshell is a multifunction shell for Nintendo 3DS and it runs under a modified version of lpp-3ds.
Current release is an Alpha so it can be extremely bugged, please report on GBAtemp release topic any issue you encounter.
Sunshell provides a modules system: any developer can work to port its homebrew to Sunshell as a module and Sunshell modules could run also in background. Sunshell sourcecode is highly commented and idented to simplify devs works for conversion of their homebrews to Sunshell modules.
There are a lot of pre-installed modules:
- Videos: A video player which supports JPGV and BMPV videos
- Musics: A music player which supports WAV and AIFF musics
- Photos: A photo viewer which supports JPG, BMP and PNG images
- Filebrowser: A powerful filebrowser with lot of features
- Console Info: An info viewer to know some info about your system (Model, Kernel Version, System Version, Mac Address, etc...)
- Mail: A mail sender application
- Calc: A scientific/developers calculator like Windows ones
- CIA Manager: A CIA manager
- Applications: A 3DSX, imported CIA, Game Cartridge launcher
- Clock: A Cronometer, Countdown and Alarm clock utility
- FTP Server: An FTP Server utility
- Copy "config.sun" file from "Common Files" folder to the root of your SD card
- Open "config.sun" file with a Text Editor and set your preferred main_dir
- Copy folders from "Common Files" to your main_dir
- Copy "sun_index.lua" file from "Common Files" to the same directory of your build executable (SD root for 3DS/CIA)
NOTE: If you want to replace Homebrew Menu with Sunshell for Ninjhax users, you must use "sun_index.lua" file contained in "boot.3dsx Patch" folder.
Video files must be putted in VIDEO folder.
Music files must be putted in MUSIC folder.
Photos must be putted in DCIM folder (It support also subfolders).
Welcome to the DCEmu Homebrew and Gaming Network. This Network of sites is owned and ran by fans of the retro consoles and the latest next-gen consoles, we post news on all the consoles we cover about hardware aspects, gaming, modification, Hacking and Homebrew. Homebrew and Emulation are software thats made using free and legal tools to play on games consoles. This Network is the only worldwide network of sites where coders can upload and post news of their own releases and get the credit and comments they deserve for all their hardwork. We have a Network that currently supports PSvita, Nintendo 3DS, WiiU, PS4, Xbox720, Nintendo Wii, Xbox360,Pandora, Dingoo, Wiz, PS3, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PSP, GBA, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn, Android, Apple, Blackberry, GP32, GP2X, Nintendo 64, Snes, Gameboy, Nes, Virtual Boy, Apple iPhone, Ipad, Ipod Touch, Ipod, Windows Phone and also Mobile Phone Emulation. When new consoles appear we will expand to cover those consoles.
Please help DCEmu become stronger by posting on the forums every day and make our community larger.