SSNES v0.5.1 is released. SSNES is a simple frontend for the libsnes library. libsnes is the emulator core of bSNES, the most accurate SNES emulator to date, in library form. The libsnes API has been implemented by SNES9x as well, allowing multiple different cores to be used for an emulator that supports libsnes. This enables the possibility of custom front-ends for the emulator.
SSNES v0.5.1 Changelog:
Fixes since RC1:
- When SDL fails to set GL vsync, attempt to use native calls to fix.
- rubyPixelSize et. al. removed. Texture coordinates are now consistent (top-left origin) across shader passes, so there is no need for it
- Improve performance when SNES resolution changes. Avoids memory allocation.
- Slight cleanup in shader compilation; it errors out during compilation and not in link phase.
Updates since 0.5:
- Fix crash in SDL driver when font is being rendered, and no font was selected.
- External audio driver can override sample rate.
- Add fast-forward "hold" mode as an addition to the current "toggle" mode.
- Use SDL joypad driver in GUI for Win32 to make button mapping more consistent for odd drivers.
- Fix color mapping for bSNES CPU filters from RGBA to ARGB.
- Fix some non-compliances with the ISO C99 standard.
- Fix case where some joypad buttons would "mysteriously" be bound to certain actions.
- Greatly update Cg shader implementation. Its implementation is now on equal ground with XML shaders.
- Add lookup-textures to XML shader and Cg shader implementations. Allows i.e. backgrounds.
- Add access for shaders to access the results of previous passes. This allows an "additive" processing model rather than "serial" only.
- Add possibility for shaders to peek into game state (RAM values) and act on these for dynamic effects.
- Update GUI to latest Phoenix version.
- "Default" in input settings for GUI now also show the actual defaults.
- Shader and font settings now have their own sub-windows to conserve screen space.
Welcome to the DCEmu Homebrew and Gaming Network. This Network of sites is owned and ran by fans of all games consoles, we post news on all the consoles we cover about hardware aspects, gaming and Homebrew. Homebrew and Emulation are software thats made using free and legal tools to play on games consoles. This Network is the only worldwide network of sites where coders can upload and post comments they deserve for all their hardwork. We have a Network that currently supports PSVita, WiiU, Nintendo Wii, Xbox360, PS3, PS2,PS1, Snes, N64, Gameboy, Nes, Xbox, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PSP, GBA, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn,3DS, DSi, Switch, PS4, Pandora, xboxone, GP2X, iPhone, Windows Phone, iPad, Android and also Mobile Phone Emulation. When new consoles appear we will expand to cover those consoles. We also cover Theme Park News and news and reviews of Beer, cider, lager, wines and spirits.
news of their own releases and get the credit and
Please help DCEmu become stronger by posting on the forums every day and make our community larger.