Here's a new version of my little score attack style shooter.. It's finished for now
It should be more difficult than the previous version, mainly because it throws a lot more enemies at you - especially in Zone 2.
Changes: New enemy type, more music, tweaked levels and enemy behaviours, prettified title screen.
"Get as many points as you can in one day and one night.
Touch your reindeer to jump.
Touch anywhere else to shoot.
If an enemy touches your deer, you lose a life.
Shooting enemies increases the score multiplier.
If you miss a shot, the multiplier will be reset.
Accuracy = more points!"
Plans for eventual next version:
- Change the xmas theme to something more general.
- Add more levels / environments.
- Add more kinds of enemies.
- Add multiple levels of terrain - so for example you can jump up onto a hill, or keep moving along at its base.
- Maybe extend this so that there are branching levels with multiple exits.
- Add endless mode, where terrain is randomly assembled and the goal is to get as far as possible.
- Sometimes the environmental sounds (ie, just waterfall sound fx at the moment) keep going forever once they've started.
----- original post -----
Hi! Here's a little demo of the game I'm working on for the Drunkencoders winter coding competition. It's sort of a sleigh ridin' shooter type thing.
The compo doesn't end for another 3 weeks or so, but I thought it'd be a shame not to release this now since it's got santa in it. It's still a WIP though..
Touch your reindeer to jump. Touch anywhere else to shoot. Raise the score multiplier with accurate shooting for a chance to get a delicious invincibility pudding!