May 1st, 2019, 21:39 Posted By: wraggster
Snes9x is a portable, freeware Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) emulator. It basically allows you to play most games designed for the SNES and Super Famicom Nintendo game systems on your PC or Workstation; which includes some real gems that were only ever released in Japan. Snes9x is the result of well over three years worth of part-time hacking, coding, recoding, debugging, divorce, etc. (just kidding about the divorce bit). Snes9x is coded in C++, with three assembler CPU emulation cores on the i386 Linux, macOS and Windows ports.
The biggest changes in this release are some reversions which fix a couple games, some accuracy improvements which fix a couple more games, and some optimizations that speed things up a bit.
The Windows port now has an extra "Hacks" settings dialog that allows enabling some settings to allow older ROM hacks to work. The GTK port's hack settings are still hidden behind the -Ddangerous-hacks=true compile flag. The libretro port has had the remaining hack added. Use with caution and don't submit bug reports associated with enabling these hacks.
- Fixed subscreen blending with master brightness < 100%.
- Fixed NMI timing when toggling enable bit. Fixes Chou Aniki--hack removed.
- Reverted an IPL map optimization that misses a weird edge case that caused
The Great Battle III to lock up.
- Clamp MSU1 addition to max amplitude instead of wrapping. Proper MSU1 tracks
will not be affected by this.
- Save mipmap_input parameter with customized GLSL and slang shaders.
- Actually use mipmap_input parameter.
- Optimized subscreen math with help from Dwedit.
- Revert to measured APU clock speed instead of nominal speed. Fixes An
- Fixed broken BPS patch support. (ArtiiP)
- Fixed MSU1 track restarting on load state.
- Changed window flags to allow NVIDIA cards to auto-enable exclusive
fullscreen mode in OpenGL.
- Added a hidden option "DWMSync" that allows OpenGL to sync to the window
manager while in windowed or borderless windowed mode.
- The automatic frame skip option no longer limits to 59.94Hz.
- Fixed bad icon scaling.
- Added a hacks dialog to enable settings for older hacks to run.
- Added ability to use Satellaview data in same directory as ROM.
- Fixed deviation from proper libretro spec.
- Added option to use the software NTSC filter. (stellarporter)
- Added icons to the entries to clear binding assignments.
- Fixed overlap in xBRZ multithreading.
- Changed glFenceSync option to an OML_sync option that works better.
- Fixed accumulation of partial pixel data on mouse motion when we update the
mouse position more than once per frame.
- Allow one key to be bound to many controller buttons on the same controller.
- Force menu and button icons.
- Add the view menu to right-click when SNES mouse isn't used.
- Remove unused status bar option.
- Startup background can be changed in snes9x.conf.
- Improved PortAudio driver.
- Fixed sound output that broke with APU refactor.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here