Posted By: jefklak
First announced on gbadev.org forums. I'll quote everything right here, for the lazy.
I grew tired of the only-one-screen-usage of DS Doom 1.0.0 and hacked along myself, adding a zoomable automap on the lower screen together with a whole lot of pretty features. I've had plenty of contact with the DS Doom developers WinterMute and TheCuckster and hoped I could apply the changes to SVN... Well until now, don't hear anything from them. I guess they don't like the changes or my code is too dirty or something, although wintermute was planning on creating an SVN account. Ah well.
You can download the 1.1.0 sourcecode and mess with it yourself, if you like to. I don't really care anymore, good luck with it. I've marked all my changes with comments "// Jefklak [date] [description]".
At least let me distribute this version so other people beyond myself can enjoy some more Doom on the Nintendo DS.
Download link, screenshots, more info, ... -
1.1.0: (23 Nov. 2006)
1. Enabled automap mode on the lower DS Screen! stats are displayed on the lower screen too. Option can be set in config file.
* Automap set to autofollow
* Zoom IN/OUT: hold B and press L/R accordingly
2. Implemented Power save mode! Closing the DS will set DS Doom in
* Engine stops running and game will be 'paused'
* Screen and Sound system powered down to save battery life
* LED blinks to indicate save mode
3. Disabled LED blinking when playing.
4. On DS Lite, Change Brightness in-game! hold B and press SELECT.
5. Displays loading/saving messages (can take a while)
6. Options/General menu
* cheat code option
* console mode option
* swap DS screens option
* All options can be set manually in CFG!
7. Options menu: fixed Y/N (press select/A to emulate Y key)
8. Exit Doom code, powers off the DS device
9. NDS icon attached (G6, DSX, ... cartridges)
10. Saving: automatically label slot with profile (select a save slot with SElECT. When the name appears, press SELECT again or A to confirm - this will save the game.
11. In DOOM II, enable regular Shotgun to weapon cycle
12. Other minor fixes and tweaks
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments