SDLMame 0.125 for Wii-linux distro
This is a wii-linux distribution that includes the emulator SDLMAME 0.125
compiled for PowerPC. This emulator is the result of the efforts of the MAME
team MAME. The source code that was used for this distro was taken from the
SDLMame project, kept updated by Olivier Galibert and R. Belmont, and with the
colaborationcon of Sven Gothel, couriersud and Vas Crabb. The original code
can be found here:
Also, this distribution uses the wii-linux kernel POC 0.4, that can be found
on its original page:
This distro uses
- Kernel 2.6.24 (wii-linux POC 0.4)
- 52MB of MEM2 for swap
- 100 MB of swap on the SDCard
How to use
SDLMAME will let you play roms from old arcade systems. Here is the basic configuration,
but it can be change by the user whenever he wants:
[Grey ANALOG/DIGITAL PAD] Move the characters and handle the menu options
[A] Button 1 / Select a rom
[b] Button 2
[Y] Button 3
[X] Button 4
[L] Button 5
[R] Button 6
[Z] ESCAPE (CANCEL)/(EXIT)
[START] Pause/Options menu
[YELLOW Analog UP] Coin PLAYER 1
[YELLOW Analog DOWN] START PLAYER 1
[YELLOW Analog LEFT] SAVE STATE
[YELLOW Analog RIGHT] LOAD STATE
To play with this emulator, you need a Wii homebrew enabled console (Twilight hack or Homebrew Channel).
And you will an SDCard.
To install this version of SDLMame:
- Copy the files "boot.elf" and "mamefs-fs to the root directory of your sdcard.
- Copy the directory mame and its contents to the root directory of your sdcard.
- Create a dyrectory called "mameroms" on the root of your SDCard
To play with this game:
- Insert the SDCard on the front SD adapter of your wii.
- On your wii, execute the file "root.elf" using your favourite method for loading
aplications (Twilight hack or homebrew channel).
- Loading times VERY HIGH:
- For little roms (2-4MB, CPS1) can take 3-5 minute in loading
- For big roms (13-20MB, CPS2,NEOGEO) It can take 30-60 minutes in loading
After the loading part, it plays at normal speed (85-90% of original speed without
frameskip and without lags)
- No keyboard or wii joystick support
- Problems using TV in 480p or rgb components
- Add keyboard/wii joystick
- Olivier Galibert ,R. Belmont,Sven Gothel, couriersud , Vas Crabb and ALL the MAME team
- All the gc-linux team