October 28th, 2018, 18:18 Posted By: wraggster
The Nintendo Switch hacking scene continues to make improvements with each passing day. One of the latest additions to the scene is a new update for SDFiles, an all-in-one modular package that allows users to boot into multiple CFWs on their Switch, such as Atmosphere, Hekate, and ReiNX. This update to v10 of SDFiles brings about a multitude of improvements and changes, including SDFiles Toolkit, SDFilesUpdater, support for Atmosphere 0.7.0 and Hekate 4.2, an update to AppstoreNX, and other smaller fixes.
SDFiles Toolkit, newly announced with this update, offers an auto-boot configuration, which means you can easily pick your favored CFW to boot with, as well as selecting a custom button config for the Homebrew Menu. Notably one of the bigger parts of the v10 update, SDFiles Toolkit was created by WerWolv, known for also making EdiZon, another tool for the Nintendo Switch.
This new version also sees some advancements made to SDFilesUpdater, a tool that makes it easier for users to keep their SDFiles updated, as the name implies. As of v10, you can now have access to Module Selection, which lets you pick between certain sysmodules, and automates the update process for them, or grab it if you don't already have it downloaded. For more savvy users, an update channels feature was also included, which makes it far easier to switch between stable and nightly versions. Just like the SDFiles Toolkit, SDFilesUpdater also comes with a newer, simpler GUI.
- We're happy to announce the SDFiles Toolkit made by our own @WerWolv98.
With this revolutionary tool you can select your button combination for the album replacement (Homebrew Menu) while in Horizon.
- This required completely new handlers to the loader and as such is currently an exclusive feature to the SDFiles
- But that is not everything the Toolkit has to offer! @WerWolv98 also took the time to implement Auto-Boot Configuration - That's right, you can now also select what CFW-option will be automatically booted through this homebrew!
- and all this combined comes with a beautiful and easy to control GUI!
- We also thank "zaki-PH27" for the icon of the Toolkit! And @CTCaer, @bodyXY (and thomleg50) for submitting awesome icons you can check out in the "Resources" folder.
- @StevenMattera also worked on enhancing one of the SDFiles staple features - The SDFilesUpdater. Over time the SDFiles have changed from a singular product to a modular project and as we want to give you more freedom in your CFW choice, projects such as https://sdsetup.com were created. The SDFilesUpdater was however one of the fastest and easiest way to stay updated with your switch. Today we're announcing a bunch of new changes such as:
- We also want to show of one of SDFiles biggest goals! Module Selection on your Switch! Yes, you heard it right. You can now select what sysmodule or feature you want on your switch and SDFilesUpdater will automatically update/add it for you! This gives you more customization than any other CFW-package on the market!
- But there is even more, Steven also worked on Update Channels! This gives you the ability to switch between the stable releases and nightly commits. You will never have to install something manually anymore if you want to test it!
- And last but not least, a beautiful true-to-horizon GUI.
Yes, StevenMattera has been working on adding a GUI for ages now and with this update the SDFilesUpdater becomes one of the most beautiful homebrews on the market!
Atmosphere 0.7 and Hekate v4.2
- In cooperation with @vgmoose and @pwsincd we ported over some modules to AppstoreNX for easier access! Check it out in AppstoreNX v2, now included in the package.
- As we 're slowly approaching just received Atmosphere v0.7 we adapted to the soon to come it and:
- Added fusee to the package
- Added Signature Patches for fusee with the amazing help of @The-4n
- Made exosphere the standard for each option
- Made LayeredFS standard for "CFW"
- Added No-LayeredFS option for those that still don't want to use it
- Switched from RajNX to Atmosphere Button Customization
- Added some custom handlers to dynamically update the buttons for SDFiles Toolkit
- Updated Atmosphere (Loader, SM, PM, fs_mitm (LayeredFS), exosphere and creport)
- Hekate v4.2 introduced folder wildcards and v10 now supports them
- Everything put in the "required" folder will always be loaded! (Similar to ReiNX)
- That folder also contains Loader, SM, PM, Exosphere and LayeredFS
- Removed AutoHOS power off
- We like to welcome Checkpoint as a standard part of the SDFiles after the positive reception of it!
- Updated Homebrew Menu
- Theme Switching Support
- File Association Support (Useful for homebrew applications such as PyNX)
- Updated xor.play's song
- Updated ReiNX
- Updated EdiZon
- Updated Tinfoil
- Updated Homebrew Loader
- Updated SwitchPresence to Sun's fork
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here