Posted By: wraggster
Today one of the biggest releases for the Homebrew Community, the release of ScummVM 1.0.0 "Shiny Logo", heres the full details of the release and about ScummVM itself
First some screens to whet your appetite:
What Is ScummVM?
ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the games, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!
Some of the adventures ScummVM supports include Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2; Revolution's Beneath A Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2; Flight of the Amazon Queen; Wyrmkeep's Inherit the Earth; Coktel Vision's Gobliiins; Westwood Studios' The Legend of Kyrandia and games based on LucasArts' SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system such as Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more. You can find a thorough list with details on which games are supported and how well on the compatibility page. ScummVM is continually improving, so check back often.
It was just 3.5 months ago when we started to prepare for this release, and now finally the day has come.
Ladies and gentlemen, please greet the one and only ScummVM 1.0.0 "Shiny Logo!" The long awaited, the most anticipated, the best... whatever.
We worked very hard on stability in this release, and in addition to all that goodness available since our 1.0.0rc1, we added a new set of ports for Motorola Linux-based phones (those on MotoEZX and MotoMAGX platforms) and fixed just a few hundred bugs.
Heres whats new:
- Added MotoEZX and MotoMAGX ports.
- Fixed several bugs in GUI.
- Updated the project logo and icons.
- Clarified licenses for several PS2 port files.
- Fixed crash on game exit.
- Fixed crash at detection of some games.
- Fixed load/save code for PC version of Waxworks.
- Fixed undo in Puzzle Pack games.
Broken Sword 1:
- Fixed missing background sound effects in some rooms.
- Fixed crashes with Future Wars and Operation Stealth demos.
- Fix freeze on game pause.
- Fixed gfx glitch in Lost in Time.
- Fixed hotspot-related regressions in Gob2.
- Fixed several regressions in Gob3.
- Fixed crash in Bargon Attack intro.
- Fixed animations in Win3.1 version of Gob3.
- Fixed video performance on PSP.
- Fixed menu blanking in some instances.
- Fix possible corruption of restart game save in Kyrandia 1.
- Fix GFX glitch at the broken bridge.
- Fix for brandon tunring invisible in some situations in Kyrandia 1.
- Fixed performance on NDS.
- Fixed several crashes in Return to Zork demo.
- Fixed several regressions in Nippon Safes.
- Fixed music in sushi bar in Nippon Safes.
- Fixed crash on Macintosh versions of Putt-Putt Joins the Parade and Fatty
Bear's Birthday Surprise.
- Fixed game save in Macintosh versions of HE games.
- Fixed default save game path in later HE games.
- Fixed palette in NES version of Maniac Mansion.
- Fixed palette in Amiga version of Secret of Monkey Island.
- Fixed cutscenes not stopping music after pressing ESC in DIG.
- Fixed lip-sync in Fatty Bear.
- Fixed crash in FT when entering inventory.
- Fixed crash in palace.
- Fixed crash when talking to the old lady.
- Fixed partially off-screen text in DW1.
- Added mouse pad undeneath onscreen keyboard
- Added ability to scroll when cursor reaches edge of screen (in mouse pad mode)
- Made cd audio read from track01.wav as well as track1.wav
- Fixed bug with switching modes with keyboard active
- Fixed video flickering and stretching is some situations.
- Improved suspend/resume support.
- Improved compatibility with VGA devices.
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments