puNES v0.103 is released. puNES is a NES emulator. Currently the program supports mappers 0, MMC1, UNROM, CNROM, and the sound is available. It uses the SDL libraries and it works on both Linux and Windows.
puNES v0.103 Changelog
- Added support for the UNIF mapper UNIF DREAMTECH01.
- Fixed mapper MMC5 and 213.
- Added support for NSFe format.
- Added OpenBSD support.
- Added support for IPS, BPS and XDELTA patches.
It's possible to patch the ROM through 3 ways:
rename the patch with the same name as the ROM and copy it to the same directory where the ROM is present (example: if "Adventures of Lolo (U) [!].nes" is the name of the ROM, rename the patch in "Adventures of Lolo (U) [!].ips")
drag it to the emulator window (compressed patches are supported)
apply it via the "Apply Patch" item in the File menu (compressed patches are supported)
If more than one patch is present in the compressed file, it will always be possible to select which one to apply. In order to automatically apply a patch to a ROM, in addition to method 1) it is also possible to create a compressed archive that contains both the ROM and the patch. In this case the name of the ips file isn't important (example : compressed file contain "Adventures of Lolo (U) [!].nes" and "adv.ips").
- Rewritten the UI for the settings.
- Added the compatibility of the UI for High DPI.
- Rewritten and uniformed GFX stack.
- Increased performance by 20%/30%.
- Dropped out dependencies from SDL and QT4 libraries.
- Now it's necessary that QT5 have compiled with support for SVG (and OpenGL for OpenGL version).
- Fixed the management of VSync (when you change this option you need to restart the emulator to apply it correctly).
- Added the ability to change shader parameters if supported by the shader.
- Added a palette editor.
- Added in Video Settings an option to show FPS.
- Eliminated a lot of unnecessary code.
- Fixed many many bugs and increased the accuracy of emulation.
Welcome to the DCEmu Homebrew and Gaming Network. This Network of sites is owned and ran by fans of all games consoles, we post news on all the consoles we cover about hardware aspects, gaming and Homebrew. Homebrew and Emulation are software thats made using free and legal tools to play on games consoles. This Network is the only worldwide network of sites where coders can upload and post comments they deserve for all their hardwork. We have a Network that currently supports PSVita, WiiU, Nintendo Wii, Xbox360, PS3, PS2,PS1, Snes, N64, Gameboy, Nes, Xbox, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, PSP, GBA, Dreamcast, Sega Saturn,3DS, DSi, Switch, PS4, Pandora, xboxone, GP2X, iPhone, Windows Phone, iPad, Android and also Mobile Phone Emulation. When new consoles appear we will expand to cover those consoles. We also cover Theme Park News and news and reviews of Beer, cider, lager, wines and spirits.
news of their own releases and get the credit and
Please help DCEmu become stronger by posting on the forums every day and make our community larger.