Posted By: wraggster
News/release from Aerthel
This Project (though is not the same as before, i'm keeping the name) aims to create a Card Battle engine for RPG games on Nintendo DS, mimicking the Baten Kaitos series's card system. If you haven't played such games (shame on you! ), there are some pretty good YouTube videos like this one to show how the system works. Basically, you have cards that control your characters movements and actions, and played in certain order will resultin flashing and devastating attack combos.
Hello again, it has been a long time without releases (almost a month). So, let's get to it
Current version: v0.015
* Relay system now works . It's easy, after you end selecting cards with one character, select another one while the timer is still running. Done that, you can continue for longer card combos! Try to do a 10-card combo.
* Fixed a bug that happened when selecting the next character in the combo when the timer is almost to stop
* Fixed a bug that made a character lose his/her turn when selected to participate in a card combo but played 0 cards.
* Removed some songs, making the build ~2.1MB (it was ~3MB in the previous version)
* The card tray now translates correctly user-selected cards into action codes.
The most important change is the last one, since it is the first step into making those little characters actually doing something. It's a shame that, as we're getting closer and closer to November, I got less and less time to work into this.
But by no means I'm gonna let this die, I promise
Download and Give feedback Via Comments