September 17th, 2008, 22:54 Posted By: wraggster
Aerthel has today updated his app for the DS, heres the full details;
Hello there! This is actually my first post here but i've been reading the wiki and this forum for quite a time (and i have to say, you have a very nice nds homebrew community here). Some years ago, I began a project called 'Project Sheratan' but it was meant to produce a Flash game. To make a long story short, I didn't have the skills to create good Flash content, so I began searching for another platform to program on. When I learned about this community through a friend, the idea came back again.
-- Project Motivation --
This Project (though is not the same as before, i'm keeping the name) aims to create a Card Battle engine for RPG games on Nintendo DS, mimicking the Baten Kaitos series's card system. If you haven't played such games (shame on you! ), there are some pretty good YouTube videos like this one to show how the system works. Basically, you have cards that control your characters movements and actions, and played in certain order will resultin flashing and devastating attack combos.
-- Current Project Status Info --
Latest Release: v0.011
Bottom screen Screenshot
* L/R changes the music
* Touch a card to display its name
* Touch a card while holding Down (or B for left-handed players) to discard it
* Touch a pair of cards while holding Up (or X for left-handed players) to swap them
* Touch a character miniPotrait to set him/her as the "selected character"
* Touch a card while holding Left (or Y for left-handed players) to play it
* Once you play a card, a combo will start, and the timer will activate. Try to finish your combo before the time runs out.
* To play cards in a combo, make sure their numbers go in ascending order like 0->1->2->3->4. You can start the combo with any card, but numberless ones won't result in a combo.
* Once the combo starts, the helping system will find the next playable cards and point them.
As always, you can find more info in the last post
Well, people, I managed to make some final adjustments that were keeping me from releasing a stable new build of Project Sheratan , so here it is
Current Version : v0.011
* Cards are now playable! Play them in succesion (0,1,2,3..) to make a combo, but be warned, you have a limited amount of time to do this
* As I just mentioned, the combo timer is done.
* The card selection helping system activates when you play a card. If it's a numbered card, it will search your card for the most appropiate cards for you to play next. Obviously, it's just a help, you still need to select the cards to play them.
* The card tray now recieves your played cards and counts them, like the BK Origins battle system did
* The music is now loaded form the EFS, so music files are no longer a problem (build includes 8 tunes to demonstrate this)
* Touch a card with the stylus while holding Left or Y to play the card.
Download and Give feedback Via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here