October 31st, 2009, 00:55 Posted By: wraggster
News via http://www.nintendomax.com/
Jeff Lait offers the 112th frame of his Rogue like "Powder" for many platforms including the DS, PSP and GBA.
Thanks go to Jonathan Buchanan Powder for porting to the Wii! Whee!
Largely this version is bug fixing. The most important bug to fix tile loading was with that made it difficult to use custom tiles. I hope I have these squashed, and the Ibson Gray tiles should now * actually * be present. In addition, Chris Lomaka has granted us some new tiles! Yay!
Thanks to Snow Leopard SDK deleting the old one and upgrade me being compling blindly on a remote mac hidden in an underground bunker somewhere, this is likely a 10.5 + only release.
* Your tame creatures now have a heart beside them badges to identify them as such.
* Switching to a different res tile will no longer cause a crash. (Inu)
* Building the tile choice list now comes from the internal allbitmaps.h rather than being hardcoded, so Ibson the Gray's tiles will show up as expected. (Inu)
* Entering a level with active lava / water from a level Which has no active lava / water, when the new level is already created and previously visited this game, will no longer stop the updating of said lava and water. (Nathan Bogue)
* Hopefully backspace will work on OSX. (Nathan Bogue)
* Jumping in space if you lack prohibited spacewalk. (Nathan Bogue)
* Jumping when buried prohibited. (Nathan Bogue)
* Kobold thieves are properly pluralized. (Nathan Bogue)
* Living frosts are now bloodless. (Nathan Bogue)
* Digging upwards on special levels has more significant results. (Nathan Bogue)
* Remove the console window on Windows.
* Shattered trees will drop their occupants. (Nathan Bogue)
* Items that fall down holes will no longer be mapped. (patch by Richard Quirk)
* PSP Makefile should be happier with newer devkits. (patch by Joe Buck)
* Left and Right on menus will scroll fast, just like L and R do, but this also applies to the command menu where L and R are the quick keys bind. (patch by Joe Buck)
* [SDL] Shift-arrow will swap with a critter, Alt-arrow will jump. (patch by Andreas Bohm)
* Ctype.h is included in map2c.cpp now. (Ben Hjelt)
* New tileset from Chris Lomaka.
* One new room.
* Load game shows up first in the menu if it is available to make it harder to accidentally choose new game. (Enrique Garcia Cota)
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 2 comments - Join In and Discuss Here