Posted By: wraggster
News/release from BigBob85 :
Im going to use this thread (mainly this post) to keep people update with my game im working on. PongDS.
The basic concept of it is you hold a DS sideways. A user will use the D-Pad to control there paddle, and another user will use the *other* pad.
Any comments/suggestions will be accepted with open arms.
Also, I am going to need some testers to either test this on a real DS or via emulator (No$GBA would be probly the best for this job).
Update 4: After some hassles with David's server, and it hiding .nds files, I figured I'd just zip both files .
You can find the latest release below. The zip contains both PongDS.nds and PongDS.ds.gba. Use whatever your emulator/ds wants (most likly the .nds one).
Release 0.3: 12th June 2008 (1:11am Release)
- Added sound to the game.
- Added single player mode. You can control your paddle with the Left/Right on the d-pad or the A/Y buttons.
- AI has 1 difficulty... I call it "rediculus". It can be beaten though.. its just pretty hard.
Release 0.2: 11th June 2008
Added a main menu. Only the shared ds play works at the moment.
- Using different method for drawing sprites, now middle gap (where mic is) is counted for.
- Numerous speed improvements.
- Fixed bug: Ball speeds going faster/slower depending what way ball is heading.
- Ball bouncing off bat improved.
- Possible bug: Ball hugging the wall after you hit it. (Please tell me if this happens).
Release 0.1: 10th June 2008
- No AI.
- No pause.
- No standby.
To use this, you turn your DS sideways, and you (player one) will use the Left/Right d-pad buttons to move your paddle (on your left), and someone else (player two) will use A/Y to control their paddle (on their left).
Download and give feedback via comments