July 6th, 2014, 21:16 Posted By: wraggster
Pixel-Accurate Plugin for N64 (2014/07/04) is released. It's a MAME-based per-pixel-accurate render plugin for the N64 video interface.
Due to several requests and complaints by people in Shunyuan's thread, I've decided to release a native build of angrylion's modifications to the MAME RDP code and some VI code. (Graphics plugins emulate both the RDP and the video interface or "VI".)
With the exception of a few unsolved RDP mysteries and possibly some regressions, angrylion's "little RDP plugin" has successfully corresponded to a pixel-by-pixel level of real graphical filtering accuracy as with a genuine Nintendo 64. In fact, the "SoftGraphic" plugin released by Shunyuan was based on an old, bugged trunk of this software from years ago and removes most of this extent of accuracy in exchange for some speed-ups. If you desire full speed or inaccurate, high-resolution PC hardware renders of Nintendo 64 games, do not use this plugin.
Attached are the two versions of the plugin you can use (and, in case it was not already installed on your system, the Microsoft C run-time 12.0 library). One of them renders at the "native" NTSC 640x480 resolution, for the N64's digital-to-analog conversion from raw RGB pixels to the TV screen, and the other is fixed to 320x240, which limits the emulation screen to the scope of the frame buffer pixels in RDRAM but is less accurate since the native pre-scale width has to be downscaled from 640 to 320, causing a possible offset of one pixel column.
Pixel-Accurate Plugin for N64 (2014/07/04) Changelog:
* rewrote DirectDraw7 code into OpenGL code to fix undefined GPU behavior
and portability issues and add more flexibility and features
* added full-screen mode
* remove surviving CRT dependencies (no more MSVCR120.dll needed)
* option to auto-resize the window to game's active video frame buffer size
when said FB resolution changes
* new config system with plenty of options, such as different screen sizes
* remembering settings to a new file named `RDP_CONF.BIN'
* option to choose between system, software blitting through the bus in
glDrawPixels or hardware-accelerated, bi-linear upscale via textured quad
* fix DirectDraw's scaled blitting problems by rewriting to OpenGL
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here