This is a wii adaptation of TYRIAN, the game edited by Eclipse and published by
Epic MegaGames.The original game was programmed by Jason Emery, illustrated by Daniel
Cook, and its music composed by Alexander Brandon and Andreas Molnar.
This port is based on OpenTyrian project code (http://code.google.com/p/opentyrian/
maintained by mindless2112, syntaxglitch,emacs.hacker, yuriks.br.
This README file was based on the README found on the OpentyriamPSP project.
Tyrian is an arcade-style vertical scrolling shooter. The player controls a space ship
fitted with different weapons and enhanced energy shields. Money is earned by destroying
enemies and grabbing bonuses, which is then used to purchase upgrades such as weapons,
shields, energy generators, and different ships from interlevel menus. The game is fast
paced and presents a variety of enemies and bosses.
[ANALOG/DIGITAL PAD] MENU NAVIGATION & SHIP'S IN GAME MOVEMENTS
[A] Button 1/ Start
[b] Button 2/ ESCAPE (Cancel)
[Y] Button 3
[X] Button 4
[Z] ESCAPE (CANCEL)
[START] ENTER (Start)
To play with this game, you need a Wii homebrew enabled console (Twilight hack or Homebrew Channel). And you will
an SDCard .
To install this version of openTyriam:
- Copy the files "opentyriam-wii.elf" to the root directory of your sdcard, and rename it to boot.elf.
- Copy the directory tyrian and its contents to the root directory of your sdcard.
To play with this game:
- Insert the SDCard on the front SD adapter of your wii.
- On your wii, execute the file "tyrian.dol" using your favourite method for loading
aplications (Twilight hack or homebrew channel).
- Network play is not yet implemented.
- 2 player mode buttons are not mapped (might work, i diddnt tried it)
- The default SaveGame works, but the "Select new savegame" option doesn´t work,
as you cant type the name of the new gamesave.
- The Analog joystick does not work properly, use the Digital joy instead.
- No keyboard or wii joystick support
- Problems using TV in 480p or rgb components
- Solve the gamesave option, in order tbe able to select a new savegame.
- Add keyboard/wii joystick
- mindless2112, syntaxglitch,emacs.hacker, yuriks.br and all the people behind the Opentyrian poroject port
DENISKA for his README file.
- All the gc-linux team