December 10th, 2007, 19:28 Posted By: nuvalo
I have been working with the opentyrian souce code in order to run it on a wii/gamecube console with homebrew enabled. This version works under gc-linux, and runs pretty well. Here is the README file, you can download the game and the new versions from the official forum here:
This is a GameCube adaptation of TYRIAN, the game edited by Eclipse and published by Epic MegaGames.The original game was programmed by Jason Emery, illustrated by Daniel Cook, and its music composed by Alexander Brandon and Andreas Molnar.
This port is based on OpenTyrian project code (http://code.google.com/p/opentyrian/), maintained by mindless2112, syntaxglitch,emacs.hacker, yuriks.br.
This README file was based on the README found on the OpentyriamPSP project.
Tyrian is an arcade-style vertical scrolling shooter. The player controls a space ship fitted with different weapons and enhanced energy shields. Money is earned by destroying enemies and grabbing bonuses, which is then used to purchase upgrades such as weapons, shields, energy generators, and different ships from interlevel menus. The game is fast paced and presents a variety of enemies and bosses.
[ANALOG/DIGITAL PAD] MENU NAVIGATION & SHIP'S IN GAME MOVEMENTS
[A] Button 1/ Start
[B] Button 2/ ESCAPE (Cancel)
[Y] Button 3
[X] Button 4
[Z] ESCAPE (CANCEL)
[START] ENTER (Start)
To play with this game, you need a Gamecube/Wii homebrew enabled console (with modchip or ActionReplay). And you will need an SDCard Gekko adapter, or a homemade SDCard Adapter. Of course, you will need an SDCard .
To install this version of openTyriam:
- Copy th files "aramfs.bz2" and "tyriam.dol" to the root directory of your sdcard.
- Copy the directory tyrian and its contents to the root directory of your sdcard.
To play with this game:
- Insert the SDCard on your console wii/GC.
- On your wii/Gamecube, execute the file "tyrian.dol" using your favourite method for loading
aplications (Costis SDLoad, ActionReplay, PSOload, GCOS...).
- Network play is not yet implemented. On Wii will never be supported
- 2 player mode buttons are not mapped (might work, i diddnt tried it)
- The default SaveGame works, but the "Select new savegame" option doesn´t work,
as you cant type the name of the new gamesave.
- The Analog joystick does not work properly, use the Digital joy instead.
- Solve the gamesave option, in order tbe able to select a new savegame.
mindless2112, syntaxglitch,emacs.hacker, yuriks.br and all the people behind the Opentyrian project port
DENISKA for his README file.
The people from gc-linux project
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 1 comments - Join In and Discuss Here