Posted By: wraggster
Kyoufu Kawa has released a rather nice looking Pokemon RPG type game for the GBA (NDS) heres the last info from this release:
• Running speed is equal to walking
• Frame's not right after startup — might be strange SRAM contents.
• Type (dis)advantages are screwy
Open and understood, but not yet fixed
• Paralysis is applied after fainting — just that. Paralysis should check for fainted status.
• Help system doesn't set all things, so the cursor might be outside of the screen or the whole thing's a little darker.
• Writes in mirrored or invalid VRAM areas
Resolved with a cheap trick
• Game freezes just before Cearn battle — somehow, the dialogue box statemachine doesn't like very long strings. "Fixed" by cutting Cearn's lines in half.
• Things on the map sometimes use the wrong sprite — randomizer gave weird results, fixed by using unsigned int
• Characters can move into the same spot when both are moving at the same time — because the sprite collission checker should test the tile being walked to. Thanks to tepples for suggesting this.
• When spotted by a trainer to the right, the player uses a "zapped" sprite instead of looking right — facing = ( facing + 2 ) % 4.
• Helping Hand — most enemy moves are now checked for sensibility.
• Growl, Tail Whip et al affect user
• Potions heal above max HP — thanks, Cearn!
Not bugs at all
• No Poké Balls to catch with — try pressing Right in the inventory screen.
• No weather effects — only fog is implemented, and has no effect on battle.
• No sound — sound has been left out of the demo to cut download size. Also, the engine used is illegal.
• Levelling up goes really fast — done on purpose. You get triple experience for demonstration purposes.
• Backpics do not use chosen colors — now fixed.
• Conversion failed — effect missing. Conversion is just one of them. Missing effects auto-fail.
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments