September 11th, 2019, 22:11 Posted By: wraggster
Get ready for stability, as it's time for a new Nintendo Switch system software update. This software version, puts the Switch at v9.0.0, and brings in some new additions that aren't just the average stability, such as a search feature for the news channel, ability to set alarms which will come with supported software later down the line, along with a Joy-Con firmware update, an "invite to online play" function, being able to turn off system button input for the Switch Lite, and being able to edit the touch screen's sensitivity. This system version also fixes a problem with crashing that Fire Emblem: Three House's expansion pass had. The full patch notes are below.
Ver. 9.0.0 (Released September 9, 2019) Source
Added the following system functionality:
- Added a search feature for the News Channel.
- Channels can be searched using filters or free text.
- Added “Display QR Code to Check In” to User Settings.
- You can display a QR Code on-screen to check in using your Nintendo Account.
- Alarm Notifications have been added to System Settings > Notifications.
- You can check or delete pre-set alarms.
- Alarms can be set up only within supported software (to be added at a later time).
- A controller firmware update may be required to use this feature.
- You can now configure touch screen sensitivity settings.
- Select between Standard and Stylus sensitivity (optimized for stylus input).
- Added the option to turn on/off the system button input (Nintendo Switch Lite only).
- When this setting is turned off the system no longer receives input from the console buttons, with the exception of the Capture and HOME Buttons, and can only be operated from a wirelessly paired controller (sold separately).
- This setting is on by default and can only be turned off if a compatible controller (sold separately) is wirelessly paired to the console.
- The setting will automatically turn back on when the console is restarted or after returning from sleep mode.
- Added “Online Play Invites” section to the User's page.
- Invites from friends to join online play in supported software will be displayed in this section.
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
- Resolved an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game, and get an error instead.
Click to expand...
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 1 comments - Join In and Discuss Here