September 14th, 2018, 20:35 Posted By: wraggster
We got a glimpse of some new information about Nintendo's Switch Online Service yesterday during the Direct, but most of what was shown there was already known. To help shed a little more light on just what a subscription entails, Nintendo put a FAQ up on their site. The details are as follows:
Source: Nintendo UK
Source: Nintendo of America
- As already stated before the Direct, all Switch users (used to be only launch users) can get a 7 day free trial. This gives you access to online, voice chat, cloud saves, and the NES games.
- Those two wireless NES controllers are only purchasable if you have a current paid Nintendo Switch Online sub.
- The full list of 20 playable NES games for subscribers was revealed: Soccer, Tennis, Donkey Kong, Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3, Balloon Fight, Ice Climber, Dr. Mario, The Legend of Zelda, Double Dragon, River City Ransom, Ghost's N Goblins, Tecmo Bowl, Gradius, Pro Wrestling, Excitebike, Yoshi, Ice Hockey, and Baseball.
- Each month, a new set of games will be added to the group.
- October will add NES Open Golf, Solomon's Key, and Super Dodge Ball
- November additions are Mighty Bomb Jack, Twinbee, and Metroid.
- December brings Wario's Woods, Adventures of Lolo, and Ninja Gaiden.
- Additionally, if you ever lapse in your subscription, you will lose all cloud data. "Save data stored with Save Data Cloud cannot be kept outside of the duration of your Nintendo Switch Online membership." If you cancel or let it expire, you'll lose all data saved on the cloud.
- If you play the NES games, you need to check in every 7 days by going online to verify your account.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here