Posted By: wraggster
If you’ve ever touched a hacked Nintendo 3DS then chances are that some version of Luma3DS was installed on it as it’s effectively the most popular CFW for the console thanks to a wide range of features, support for many hacks and all Nintendo 2/3DS models. As Luma3DS’ codebase is pretty stable and interest in the 3DS isn’t as it used to be, releases are generally a few months apart but now, we’ve got Luma3DS 10.1 & 10.1.1 (released a day apart) which come with:
- Much faster shutdown time with your 3DS now expected to shut down in 2.5-3.5 seconds rather than up to 16 seconds (10.1.1)
- This was brought about by fixing regressions from Luma3DS 10.0 & 10.0 together with a bug from 2016 being ironed out meaning that Luma3DS 10.1.1 should be one of the fastest versions to shut down from all Luma3DS versions!
- Booting on Firmware 4.x has been fixed if you’re still using such an ancient firmware (10.1)
- Speaking of older firmwares, it’s now possible to launch *.3dsx applications on Firmware 4.x-7.x as long as Rosalina is supported
- Two new options in Rosalina’s ‘System Configuration’ submenu were added namely one for forcing a WiFi network (allows local network homebrew to work even if the connection test fails) and the ability to disable short POWER button presses (10.1)
- Support for BPS patches (10.1)
- Changes to the NTP (Network Time Protocol) submenu together, the checking of button combos again after PIN/splash screens in the ARM9 menu and various bug fixes which can be seen in the GitHub changelogs linked below
- Luma3DS 10.1.2 is to be expected soon according to TuxSH as a regression from Luma3DS 10.1.1 was found.
To learn more about Luma3DS 10.1 and 10.1.1 while also grabbing them for your 3DS, follow this link to their GitHub release page and obviously grab Luma3DS 10.1.1! A user on Reddit has reported that Luma Updater allowed them to update to Luma3DS 10.1.1 just fine which one of the easiest way to install its.