Posted By: wraggster
News/release from Abcd1234:
Welcome to the home page for my port of NetHack to the Nintendo DS. The goal of this project is to create a port of NetHack for the DS utilizing the unique features of the DS to create an easy-to-use NetHacking experience. I think I've succeeded in that goal. I'm probably wrong.
An unscaled, scrolling map view on the lower screen, which can be interacted with using the touchscreen.
Minimap, message, and status information rendered to the top screen.
Support for 16- and 256-color BMP tilesets, including non-rectangular tiles (tiles must have dimensions which are a multiple of 8, e.g. 8x8, 8x16, etc).
Support for text mode, with optional full color and IBM graphics.
Popup command window for easy access to the full command set.
On-screen keyboard for text input and extended commands.
Keys are almost completely configurable.
Support for both left- and right-handed modes.
Save and restore.
Version 1.17 Released.
* Added support for tapping menu section titles for selecting items in that section.
* Changed menus in keyboard mode to show item accelerator characters.
* After insisting I'd never do it, action menus (read, zap, eat, etc, etc) now display only relevant menu items (with an option to show all).
* Made 'cursor' a compound option, which can take three values: 0 (always on), 1 (disabled over hero), and 2 (always off).
* More refinements to touchscreen handling to ensure that stylus raises are promptly registered (fixes periodic hangs).
* Fixed directional prompting when keyboard mode is enabled.
* Fixed detection spells (such as "detect monsters"), etc, so they properly wait for user input.
* Fixed key bound option toggling, after I completely broke it in the last release.
* Fixed crasher triggered by popping up a menu immediately after resuming a saved game with the 'name' option set (yes, someone hit this .
Note, make sure you copy over kbd.pal and minimap.pal from the distribution archive to your /NetHackDS directory (assuming you don't just unzip straight over the old copy)..
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments