This is not even considered a beta, more like a alpha.. we already know the bugs so don't bother saying "hey game X doesn't work", or things like "i got game Y to boot the intro". Please only post back constructive feedback such as "You're doing this wrong with the core" etc.. you can find the full source always at http://code.google.com/p/mupen64gc/
. We don't consider this in any way "playable" so don't cry if a game locks up before even booting. This release is simply to show our progress and to perhaps gain more interest from coders out there who'd like to help, if you'd like to join simply join the project at the URL provided above. This build is based on revision 40 of the code in the SVN. Please read the usage before using it.
- 512mbit ROMS
- Pure Interpreter
- Software GFX
- No Audio
- Input & Mempaks supported
- Big endian rom loading from SDCARD (v64)
- Native Saving to SDCARD
- Text GUI
- 4mb RDRAM emulated in this DOL
General Usage example:
- Have some N64 roms in .v64 format (big endian) on a SD Card under the rom dir "N64ROMS"
- Place the SD card in the SD gecko and have it in slot 1 or 2.
- Load up the DOL to your GC or wii. (from SDLoad preferably)
- You will be shown a ROM list if you've done this successfully.
- Press Up/Down on the D-PAD and press A when you've selected your ROM.
- You'll be prompted to select a Slot for the saving of the native game data.
- After you've selected the slot, you'll be prompted to use SD card or Memcard for saving, currently only SD card works.
- After selecting this, the save will be created on your card.
- Now choose your core.. currently only PURE INTERPRETER works, so press X.
- Enjoy a initial port of mupen64 to the GC.
Games working currently with these settings:
- Rampage World Tour (7-12 fps)
- Super Mario 64 (4-12 fps)
- Mortal Kombat Trilogy (7 fps)