MFE-Wii for Wii, using wii-linux 8/4/2008
This project is based on the MFE opensource media player for gc-linux. You can find the original sources on its sourceforge page:
This version uses the same sources than the original, there are only some changes on the kernel and the filesystem
to adapt it to wii. It uses wii-linux to run on a wii, and the SDL libraries for this system. It will boot using
the ARAM filesystem method.
What you need:
- A console ready to run homebrew (Twilight hack + SDElfLoader 3.0)
- Gamecube Pad
- Copy the files mfe-wii.elf and the directory "mfe" to the root of yout SDCard.
- Copy the ".avi" files that you want to play on your sdcard
- Put the SDCard on the wii front sdcard reader
- Connect the gamecube pad
- Launch the file "mfe-wii.elf", using your favourite method of loading homebrew.
Here is the button relation between the gc-pad and the keyboard:
[digital pad]: Navigate through your filesystem, forward and backward
[A]: Launch a file (play)
- The gc-linux team for their effort in porting linux to the wii
- Isobel, for his great MFE player minidistro.