February 3rd, 2020, 22:29 Posted By: wraggster
Mesen v0.9.9 is released. Mesen is a NES/Famicom emulator and NSF player. It is still a work in progress - some features are currently incomplete or may change in future versions.
* High Accuracy - A lot of effort has gone into making Mesen as accurate as possible
* Stand-alone - Put the Mesen application into any folder and run it from there
* Supports: Save States, Movie/Audio Recording, Screenshots, Cheat Codes
* Supported Mapper List (130+): 0 to 13, 15 to 19, 21 to 27, 32 to 34, 37, 38, 44, 45, 47, 49, 52, 57, 58, 60 to 62, 64 to 80, 82, 85 to 89, 91 to 95, 97, 99, 101, 107, 112, 113, 115, 118, 119, 137 to 141, 143 to 157, 159, 163, 164, 176, 180, 184, 185, 189, 191 to 195, 200 to 203, 205 to 207, 210, 218, 225 to 228, 230 to 232, 240 to 243, 246
* NES and Famicom (including Famicom Disk System) support. Also supports: NSF, NSFe, VS System
* Net Play - Play online with friends
* Automatic updates - Mesen is able to check for updates and automatically install new versions of itself.
* Built-in Debugger
* Other Features: 7z/zip archive support, numerous video filters (xBRZ, Scale2x, NTSC, etc.), sound recorder, sound effects, etc.
Mesen v0.9.9 Changelog:
Run Ahead: Added run ahead support (in Emulation settings)
Emulation: Added 2 new options to emulate known PPU hardware bugs
Emulation: Added option to emulate CPU/PPU alignments
UI: Added load state and save state menus (with previews and timestamps)
Mappers: Added support for Study Box roms (.studybox files)
UNROM512/GTROM: Added support for self-flashing
Debugger: Various fixes and improvements
Event Viewer: Improved filtering options and added the ability to display NTSC borders
CPU: Rewrote DMC and OAM DMA logic to better match hardware behavior/timings
CPU: Fixed an issue with NMIs turning into IRQs (when turning the NMI flag off at the wrong moment)
PPU: Fixed PPU OAM fetch pattern on pre-render scanline
PPU: Fixed some PPU timings to better match hardware
MC-ACC: Improved MC-ACC (licensed MMC3 clone) emulation
MMC5: Rewrote a large portion of the code to better match hardware behavior and quirks
Mappers: Fixed/improved emulation of a number of mappers used by unlicensed games
NSF: Fixed an issue that caused problems with some FDS NSF files
Linux: Fixed bug when using nvidia's drivers that caused the screen to be completely black
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here