December 30th, 2017, 23:56 Posted By: wraggster
Mesen the Nes Emulator has had a new release, here the release notes:
Mesen is a NES/Famicom emulator and NSF player. It is still a work in progress - some features are currently incomplete or may change in future versions.
* High Accuracy - A lot of effort has gone into making Mesen as accurate as possible
* Stand-alone - Put the Mesen application into any folder and run it from there
* Supports: Save States, Movie/Audio Recording, Screenshots, Cheat Codes
* Supported Mapper List (130+): 0 to 13, 15 to 19, 21 to 27, 32 to 34, 37, 38, 44, 45, 47, 49, 52, 57, 58, 60 to 62, 64 to 80, 82, 85 to 89, 91 to 95, 97, 99, 101, 107, 112, 113, 115, 118, 119, 137 to 141, 143 to 157, 159, 163, 164, 176, 180, 184, 185, 189, 191 to 195, 200 to 203, 205 to 207, 210, 218, 225 to 228, 230 to 232, 240 to 243, 246
* NES and Famicom (including Famicom Disk System) support. Also supports: NSF, NSFe, VS System
* Net Play - Play online with friends
* Automatic updates - Mesen is able to check for updates and automatically install new versions of itself.
* Built-in Debugger
* Other Features: 7z/zip archive support, numerous video filters (xBRZ, Scale2x, NTSC, etc.), sound recorder, sound effects, etc.
Mesen v0.9.4 Changelog:
Input: Added support for 20 more peripherals (including controllers, barcode readers, keyboards, mice, external storage devices, etc.)
Video: Added a 60.0 FPS mode to reduce dropped frames
Video: Added support for exclusive fullscreen mode (Windows only)
Video: Added option to rotate the display (for homebrew games)
Performance: Minor performance enhancements on Windows (~5%) and large gains on Linux by enabling LTO (25-30%)
Movies: Rewrote movie file format from scratch to be a lot more flexible, and editable by hand. (Old .mmo files are no longer supported)
Debugger: Several enhancements and a number of additions/changes to the Lua API.
Accuracy: Improved FDS IRQ emulation
General: Several miscellaneous bugs have been fixed.
Debugger: A large number of small bugs and usability issues have been fixed.
HD Packs: Fixed performance issues with HD Packs in CHR RAM games (over 2x faster)
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here