Posted By: wraggster
News/release from TGYET
I'm here to present to you our game, which name is "Memento Tui Sceleris". It is an interactive novel like Hotel Dusk or Ace Attorney.
About the style: if you like "Higurashi no Naku koro ni" or "Jigoku Shoujo" then I think you will like this, too. At the moment the basics of the program and the tools are finished. So here is the tech demo which contains all features that the game has at the moment. It is important, that all images and sounds are from the internet and won't be in the final game. Also if anybody is interested in tools, they can download some picture from them.
Then, let's see the plot summary:
There is a hearsay, if somebody stays merely one day in Dreamsville, then his/her dreams come true. Thanks for that the village can live from the tourists, who want to happen the miracle with them too. An investigative reporter, William DeTrurith also visits the place to find out this is the truth or just a smart „advertisement”. However an unexpected event happens: hardly, that he arrives, the village's mayor is murdered brutally the same day at night. He is clenching his torn out tongue in his hand and the „LIAR” word was carved onto his forehead. He is the first who finds the body, but before he can examine it, from behind somebody knocks him out and the next day he awakes in his apartment. After he wakes up, he rushes to the site where the policemen closed the case already: the mayor committed suicide…
What may have happened? Why was he murdered in a peaceful village like this? May he committed a suicide? Who did that? What was his/her motive? As William come closer to the truth, he will meet darker, more wicked and more bizarre things…
Some information about the game:
- It contains six active and two passive chapters.
- Playing time is 12-30 hours ( one chapter is between 2-5 hours)
- It contains voice acting in the most important scenes. (I hope we can use a special feature which is secret for now...)
- Headphone is recommended!
- There are 11 main characters.
- It has gore and some very bloody scenes.
- Every chapter has a different storytelling.
- "Mini games" and puzzles will use touchscreen and microphone.
Some information about the engine:
- It uses PALib, AS_Lib, EFSv2
- The engine is fully scriptable via my own command based script language. (So there are no graphics, sound, game content in the engine)
- It uses Spinal's movie player with some modifications.
- It supports Rumble Pack!
- Everybody can create her/his own game with the tools. (Which will be released (maybe with source) after the game is finished!)
- It uses sprites and normal background only!
Finally, if you interested in this project and want to (and can) help, or found a bug or problem then please send an e-mail to me: bezzgyuri(AT)freemail.hu
Thanks for reading this and have a good game with the tech demo!
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments