March 28th, 2019, 20:30 Posted By: wraggster
melonDS is an open source Nintendo DS(NDS) emulator. melonDS is part of a second wave of DS emulators. There are a few other emulator projects that are part of it, which you might have already heard of. Either way, check them out!
* almost-complete 2D graphics
* 3D graphics (software renderer) with texturing, alphablending, lighting
* input: keyboard and joystick, touchscreen
* backup memory
* booting from the BIOS
* resizable video output window, preserving aspect ratio of individual screens
||Arisotura finally stopped being lazy, among other things, so here we go, we present you melonDS 0.7.4.
This release is hardly going to be revolutionary though, but I had to get it out before starting work on the hardware renderer.
The highlight of this release is the upgrade to the online wifi feature. Two main points there:
1. Under direct mode, you can finally choose which network adapter will be used by libpcap. The wifi settings dialog also shows their MAC and IP as to help you ensure you're picking the right adapter.
2. Indirect mode, which, as mentioned before, works without libpcap and on any connection. However, it's in alpha stages and it's a gross hack in general, so you can feel free to try it out, but don't expect miracles.
As usual, direct mode requires libpcap and an ethernet connection, and that you run melonDS with admin/superuser privileges.
Other than that, there are a few little fixes to the SDL audio code. melonDS now only emits sound when running something, so it shouldn't emit obnoxious noises when starting anymore. Also, it no longer crashes if you use WAV microphone input with a file that has multiple channels.
And other little things.
Now, full steam ahead towards 0.8! Or not quite. I also need to finish the redesign for this site, among other things.
For Nintendo Switch jailbreak:
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here