May 1st, 2019, 21:31 Posted By: wraggster
A gameboy emulator written in Pure Lua. Approaching feature completeness, but still a work in progress. This is designed to be fairly cross platform, and currently consists of a platform-independent gameboy module which contains the emulator, and a Love2D interface, presently the only supported platform.
* Pure Lua! Gameboy module should work on any Lua 5.2+ environment with the "bit" library available.
* Original Gameboy (DMG) and Gameboy Color (GBC)
* Decently cycle-approximate graphics
* Working 32KHz audio
* Multiple Palettes for DMG Mode
* SRAM and Save States
* Debug Panels for VRAM, Audio, IO and Disassembly
* Built-in filebrowser, drawn in software for easy porting
Notable Missing Features
* Super Gameboy support (planned)
* Serial Transfer port
* RTC Timer (Pokemon Gold / Crystal)
* HDMA Transfers (Used by a very small handful of games, notably Shantae)
LuaGB v0.1.1 Changelog:
||Now targets Love 11.2
LuaJIT settings optimized for a rather hefty performance boost. Credit to @nico-abram, @TannerRogalsky and @meepen for the suggestions.
Less unpack, more FFI. Several small speed improvements from light code reorganization
Audio now routes through QueueableSource, greatly reducing skips, pops, and latency when running fullspeed
Proper support for General Purpose and HBlank DMA, needed by a few popular CGB games
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here