April 29th, 2019, 21:11 Posted By: wraggster
L4T Ubuntu is a version of linux based on nvidia's linux for tegra project. It uses a different kernel compared to previous releases which allows it to use features not yet in mainline. Such as audio, docking support and vulkan.
- Dock support with USB
- Bluetooth (both controllers and audio)
- Nvidia GPU drivers - Vulkan and OpenGl
- Audio - Headphones, speakers and over HDMI when docked.
- Joycons and pro controllers are supported fully when not attached to the the console
- CPU frequency scaling - The CPU scales from 200mhz to 1.7ghz (what switch is binned for) depending on the load its under. Fans are adjusted to account for this
- Full sdcard speed
- Hardware video acceleration when using the built in videos app (means you can watch videos without battery draining massively)
Click to expand...
Sdcard image: https://download.switchroot.org/swit...9-04-28.img.gz
How to install
- Download the image from the downloads section and extract.
- Write it to your sdcard using a program such as etcher or dd.
- Boot hekate and select L4T from the configs menu.
- Wait for around 2-4 minutes while it initially loads
- Go through the setup process - make sure not to dock the console in this period.
- Once the initial setup is finished and you are on the login screen it is advisable to reboot:
- Hold the power button for 10 seconds.
- Load hekate again and select L4T as a payload.
- Log in and open the "Disks" app
- Select the second partition of your sdcard and click the gears icon
- Choose resize and change the size to the full amount of available space.
- Enjoy, you now have fully featured Ubuntu on your switch!
- Wired joycons do not work (connected to console)
- Docking while having a ssh session open can cause the display to not turn off correctly
- No sleep mode
- USB OTG - works fine in dock though
- Vulkan is buggy in dolphin
- Pair (joy/pro)cons by opening the bluetooth menu in settings and pressing the + button in the bottom left corner. Then press the sync button on the controller and select its name in the pairing window. Once both joycons are paired press each of their shoulder buttons to use as one controller
- To use dolphin add the "dolphin-emu/ppa" ppa and install the dolphin-emu-master package.
- To update the system run "sudo apt update", "sudo apt upgrade". This will apply all switch and ubuntu updates aside from kernel updates, they will be posted here if ever needed.
- To limit cpu freq, run cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_available_frequencies.Ffind the one you want, then run: echo <freq you want> | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_max_freq
- To force max freq run echo performance | sudo tee /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_governor
- A gui to configure overclocks and fan profiles is coming soon, along with support for using 2.0 ghz cpu
Langerhans, Ave, Natinusala, CTCaer, NVIDIA, Everyone else in switchroot - more info on that in the future.
Click to expand...
They can all be found at https://gitlab.com/switchroot
with the other kernel repos on http://nv-tegra.nvidia.com
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here