January 2nd, 2020, 17:53 Posted By: wraggster
Kept you waiting, huh? Team AtlasNX has been working behind the curtains on a pretty sizable update for Kosmos, aka their Atmosphère-based Switch CFW package, and, now that it's been released, you can get your hands on it to start the new year on the right foot!
Codenamed "Flyers", version 15 comes bundled with Atmosphère 0.10.1 & Hekate 5.1.1 (both of which have already been covered in their respectively linked news) and all of its included homebrew have been updated to their own latest versions. A good number of noteworthy additions stand out while peeking through the changelog: Kosmos Toolbox now supports Atmosphère's new multiple key override and has also been refactored to accept external sysmodule-specific configs (thus making it more manageable for developers while also allowing users to add their own custom sysmodules), sys-ftpd has been replaced with @cathery's much more lightweight fork, Goldleaf v0.8 now features a brand new emuiibo manager and, although EdiZon has been kept on a de facto no longer maintained version, it still received a few fixes while waiting for @WerWolv's rewrite of the tool. Oh, and did I mention that sys-con is now being officially bundled in the package as well?
The full official changelog can be read below:
Quoted from Kosmos v15 changelog:v15 - Flyers
Remember us? Well, the last update was quite some time ago and in that time a lot has happened. We wanted to make sure all of our homebrew would support the latest firmware and quite a lot had to be rewritten because of changes in certain libraries and custom firmware reimplementations. While there is still a lot of stuff getting developed behind the scenes for a major update, we couldn't leave you guys hanging without any update till then.
and most importantly:
- Added sys-con
- The thought of using non-Nintendo controllers is always cool and sometimes other controllers can just be better to play with. Or you might only have 2 controllers for Nintendo consoles and want to play with friends. Either way, with this sys-module you can now directly connect controllers without a man-in-the-middle.
- It already supports quite a few controllers and has a wide-range of config options, please read through the repository here: https://github.com/cathery/sys-con
- Updated Kosmos Toolbox
- Kosmos Toolbox has been adapted to the latest version of atmosphere and libnx thanks to @cathery, while at it she also introduced a lot of new features such as:
- The addition of a menu to manage multiple key overwrites to enter the homebrew menu. This uses something that was newly introduced with Atmosphere 10.0 and will hopefully be useful to a lot of people. See here: AtlasNX/Kosmos-Toolbox#23
- Allowing sysmodules to write their own Kosmos Toolbox configs so they can dynamically show up in the Toolbox without the user ever needing to edit anything. If you're a developer or someone that wants to add this for some sys-module, please follow this tutorial: AtlasNX/Kosmos-Toolbox#24
- Some bug fixes
- Changelog: https://github.com/AtlasNX/Kosmos-To...ses/tag/v3.0.0
- Updated sys-ftpd / Added sys-ftpd-light
- sys-ftpd has been a super useful tool developed by emily (@jakibaki) very early on in a time where sysmodule development was not that big. With time this however changed and the increasingly tighter sysmodule memory became a field of war in which every byte counted.
This caused a lot of problems with other sysmodules to the point that sys-ftpd itself was nearly taking all of the RAM due to some features. In order to regain the compatibility with other sysmodules, @cathery updated the sysmodule to take a fraction of the memory it used to use and fixed some issues.
- Added support for fw 9.1 to sys-ftpd
- Reduced memory usage from 7MB to 1MB.
- This also removes the audio of the sysmodule.
- Fixed issue where the joycon LED would stay on forever (On fw9.0+)
- Updated Goldleaf
- Updated Emuiibo
- Updated Atmosphere
- Updated Hekate
- Updated NXDumptool
- Updated the Homebrew Appstore
- Updated EdiZon
- While the v3 branch is not maintained anymore, we still got a snapshot with some fixes.
- A lot of stuff that happened since March 8th, if you're curious look through the commits: WerWolv/EdiZon@v3.0.1...master
- Updated Homebrew Menu
- Updated Homebrew Loader
- Updated ldn_mitm
- Updated Lockpick_RCM
- General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
Click to expand...
Kosmos can be updated either using its built-in updater or by downloading the release ZIP and manually extracting/overwriting its files on your microSD card. Keep in mind that, starting from v13.0.1, you will have to head here to get sigpatches for your Kosmos installation.
For more information and downloads, click here!
There are 0 comments - Join In and Discuss Here